UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Parci's Operation

EGAR

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Sarah, I am so happy for Parci and for you. Coward that I am, I couldn't look in this post when I first saw it. I saw good news about Parci posted elsewhere and came over to read for myself.

WTF Parci and great news for Bear too, onwards and upwards for all of you from now on.

Fantastic news this morning. Parci is up on all 4 paws. He has taken a few steps. James called Sarah and she can pick him up. He thought Parci would be better with Sarah

:partytime: :circle: :partytime:

Sarah asked me to post this fantastic news.

Now while we are on the subject when is the head shave taking place Coryn. :D

Kazz xx

July 7th Kazz, same day as OH jumps out of a plane for the first time! :ohmy:

Right guys, WHAT an emotional two days, you have no idea... or maybe you do!

My little miracle boy!!!

Vet rang me today and said that Parci did not have to stay for 10 days, not even 1 more - to everyones surprise (even the vet's) he STOOD in the morning and moved his head about like NORMAL!!! So the vet felt that Parci was better off at home!! He has never seen it - usually they take ages to recover but Parci didn't! He has strict cage rest and can only be *walked* 3-4 daily with a towel around his belly for support for a wee or poo. Other than that he is not allowed any exercise for the time being as that could set him back again. Now time will tell. I took pics, they are bit gruesome so if you are fainthearted don't look at them. it looks like rough stitches but as a matter of fact it needs to be stitched like that as the skin on the neck is very lose.

Feeding him for the first time (still in the car):

p805195.jpg

The scar itself:

p805197.jpg

Wagging his tail!!

p805198.jpg

HUNGRY boy!

p805199.jpg

Back home - safe and sound - even if it is in a crate, he is very relaxed and sleeps now.

p805200.jpg

The OP was prolonged and hard on him but he licked my hand as soon as he saw me and tried to sit up! He had no intention of staying there and sadly, he is now afraid of James :(.

The financial cost was enormous, I still owe them 289.28 :D as I only had 800 and the OP came to 1089.28. No idea where the 28 cent came into *g*.

You guys can imagine how happy I am to have the speckled monster back home!!!

Sarah

PS. Sasha's Blend is brilliant stuff, I have been giving it to my old Rotti x and other oldies for ages now and they do very well on it. I hope it's ok to post the link: www.sashasblend.com

Absolutely Brilliant! Way to go, Parci :biggrin:

Keep up the arnica Sarah, and Rescue Remedy should help with that fear, you can rub it in to him, top of head between ears is always a great spot, but anywhere does, in fact near the wound may be helpful too, but not too close.

Sending him masses of Reiki, asmuch as he'd like, and for you too if you want.

I'll give you a laugh - dummy here thought the op was going to be at the other end of his spine :rolleyes: