UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Read Please!

Allie No Dots

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyone in west sussex (near horsham) with a dog that is a blood donor ? Piper is having problems and not clotting after her op. She is ok atm but i may need someone quickly. If this is needed is there anyone here who can help IF needed?

None of mine fit the criteria, either too old or too cranky. :(

:GroupHug: for you and Piper though, I hope she is OK soon.

I wish we could help but all of ours are under the required 20kg. With the exception of Loki who is just over but we were told as she is technically overweight that wouldn't count :unsure: If the rules have changed and it doesn't matter that she hasn't done it before I'm sure Loki would be willing - it's all attention in her mind!

Thanks guys, am hoping it wont be needed and now i calmed down a bit vet may well have a list but just incase...! Vets running some tests to find out whats going on and will ring me asap. The whole thing has thrown the vet , Piper hasnt been nr rat poison (i dont keep any, we dont have a rat problem!) havent a clue whats wrong with my girl :( They did say her platlet count was ok which is good and bad (i think) good that its ok but bad cos that means it isnt an infection or anything causing the problem :(

Edited by A.L.L.I.E.

Allie, Zen was a registered donor with my vet, he's now 9 so I think too old but if your vet thinks it's ok he's here.

Failing that I can talk to my daughter and ask who the vet she works for uses, I know they have a regular

Edited by Ingrid

if it comes to it and no one is closer, i'll fetch down Teddy, he's 2yrs rottie sized, laid back and healthy but we haven't given blood before with him, (had two donors here but they have now passed away) will take us 2hours in traffic to get to horsham as we would be coming from west of london,

:GroupHug: to Piper,

amanda x