UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Allies Puppies Story

Rumpole

allie and i being sad people who have regular googling sessions for stuff like bull terrier and seized etc regularly send each other links to what weve found. allie found this

http://www.lep.co.uk/lancashire-news?articleid=2709835

then 2 days later i got a call from the police to say that they had all the dogs in the police station and couldnt get a place for them in the local rescue as threats had been made to the rescue from persons unknown (the owner having signed the puppies and mum over to be disposed of :ohmy: by the police) if they took them in, hence the puppies had remained in the police station which by their own admission was unsuitable for puppies (tho not as unsuitable as where they came from) mum is in boarding and is now doing well but from their start in life its hardly surprising the puppies are sick poor mites.

allie is working her heart out with these babies so may not be around as much but please send healing thoughts they deserve the chance of a decent life

Edited by M.E.L.F.

They are American bullDOGS and definatly NOT "type". The media with their extensive breed knowledge get it wrong again :rolleyes: Our Vet who saw them this morning commented on what lovely examples of am bulls they where :) I agree, they are bootiful...not that im biased :biggrin:

they will get any and all treatment they need and be rehomed to suitable homes :)

Update: No worse but not better :( Very sleepy still. Most people with pups love it when they get sleepy as the fosters/owners get sleep too but im spending time checking they are still all with us :(

If anyone knows of a good probiotic that will help them recover quickly please shout!

Wishing these poor puppies and their mum a speedy recovery and the chance to find out what life can be like. Lots of :wub: :wub: :wub: to them all.

Allie, a big :flowers: for you for coming to the rescue yet again! :biggrin:

If anyone knows of a good probiotic that will help them recover quickly please shout!

Hmmm, I've got no qualifications whatsoever, but I know that live (soya) yoghurt is a probiotic which shouldn't be too hard on puppies' stomachs. Our lot regularly get Sojasun from the health food shop and they love it. Hope this helps?

How good it is I dont know but Vitalin puppy contains prebiotic fructo-oligosaccarides - said to be added to promote the growth of healthy gut bacteria and thereby improve digestion and intestinal condition. www.vitalinpetfood.co.uk will no doubt provide more info.

Royal Canin Giant puppy (something recommended to my sister for her Bernese - though he seemed to get the runs on it) also contains this - see www.royalcanin.co.uk

OH was on puppy duty last night so i could get a decent nights sleep. This morning they woke him up at 5.30 am :biggrin: They have attempted to kill each other and yelled abuse at him so im guessing they are feeling a bit better :) Still not drinking enough and needing to be syringed which is worrying but they do have more interest in things today :)