UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My First Foster Is Coming On Saturday!

kasi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to share this with you............................................

A while ago I bought a couple of towelling robes from thr TRPD Grab Sale...............one for Jenny and 2nd in case we ever had a foster. I bought a big one as that was all there was left for the 2nd one. Just as well really as Elsa is not a small girly :flowers: Well we went for our walk today and got soaked so out came the towelling robes once they had both had a rub down.

here is Jenny wearing hers

DSC02443.jpg

Well with Elsa being a portly girl we couldnt get the strap fastened around her as its not long enough, so we found another way of fastening it and her keeping it on :rolleyes: :biggrin: :wub: :wub: Here's Elsa getting dry and keeping warm.

DSC02445.jpg

Elsa has been back to the vets tonight for a quick check on her ears and I am pleased to say all is ok now..............................not that I was ever in any doubt the way the mad thing has been bouncing about the last couple of days :rolleyes:

Karen, can I borrow that pic to post on TRPD please, I'm laughing my socks off.

Go for it Selina. I was going to get it on there myself but just hadn't got round to it, I can now tick it off my "to do list" :biggrin:

Well at least Elsa's bum don't look big in the robe! As for TRPD...will they ever let us order anything from them again after seeing what OC fosterers do with the goods? Karen shame on you...gotta say this now the boss is back! (I thought it was quite clever!)

• 2 weeks later...

We took Elsa and jenny down by the canal for a walk yesterday. Its very overgrown down there and lots of shaded areas which I thought would be better for Elsa as it was so hot She was as good as gold, not even bothered with the Canada geese with their babies. Just had a look, stopped for a littel watch then carried on with her walk. Loved heading through the long grass and then we came to a break in the grass where she could see the water...........................................................................

No, hesitation whatsoever, IN SHE WENT!!!!!! :ohmy: She had a little swim around then I called her to get out..............................now the problems started!!! She went deaf!!! :mad: Then turned her back on me :dry: Then thought she would try and get out, but her legs kept sinking into the mud. I managed to get her lead onto her collar but couldnt pul her out........................called Simon who came back to me with Jenny. Then Jenny decided to jump in :huh: by this time I was roaring :laugh: but a little worried in case we couldnt get Elsa out :huh: . One call from Simon and out she came, had a shake and soaked us, then Jenny got out and did the same!!! So we had 2 wet doggies, who had now cooled down, to transport home in the car :wacko: :biggrin: Dont you just love em!!

Well at least we know now that Elsa likes the water :laugh: :laugh: Oh and Elsa is doing fine, have now switched her over to part dry, part wet food and she is really enjoying her food.