UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My First Foster Is Coming On Saturday!

kasi

Getting all excited as my first foster is coming on Satruday, her name is Elsa and she is a german sheperd-dobbie X...................I promise to post piccies as soon as I have some taken when she arrives :biggrin: Any tips for a newbie??

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep telling yourself (and the dog) that they can't stay. I had a foster collie from Wiccaweys and kept telling her she couldn't stay. She went to the most wonderful home after only 2 weeks and I knew she'd be happy but I still cried buckets after I'd waved her off. But she hadn't listened to me. She behaved so badly at her new home and whined and picked fights with everyone else and I had to go and fetch her after 48 hours. And now I've adopted her. As someone pointed out at the weekend - I'm not a failed fosterer - she's a failed foster dog. And we're all really happy. :bigsmiley:

Ooohhhhhh Karen I'm really excited for you, a GSD x dobie, sounds beautiful, have you any more details yet, how old etc?

You'll have no problems and as has already been said the fosterers mantra is "This dog will be moving on, this dog will be going to its forever home soon, this dog is NOT staying" :laughingsmiley:

Good Luck to you, will be thinking of you at the weekend :angel:

Getting all excited as my first foster is coming on Satruday, her name is Elsa and she is a german sheperd-dobbie X...................I promise to post piccies as soon as I have some taken when she arrives :biggrin: Any tips for a newbie??

I'd just say enjoy - however long she's with you. Being a dog lover in general but a Shepherd fan in particular I'll look forward to seeing your photos & if she's as happy with you as the dog in your post picture looks I'm sure you'll be fine - though she may not want to leave.

Hooray! Can't wait to see pics, sounds an interesting mix! Hope Elsa settles in well.

My first Oldies foster Jaz is being visited on Saturday.......she will have been with me 11 weeks by then, she will be a HUGE miss, but I know someone will find us a new one soon! (Apologies in advance Cindy and Liz for bawling down the phone, I'll be happy really!)

Congratulations and thank you for joining the fostering team :flowers: :flowers: I'm looking forward to pictures :biggrin:

I'm giving no advice whatsoever on how not to become a failed fosterer :blush02:

You are not allowed to, your was a 2 week christmas foster dog and you became a foster keeper after I think 3 days :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Hooray! Can't wait to see pics, sounds an interesting mix! Hope Elsa settles in well.

My first Oldies foster Jaz is being visited on Saturday.......she will have been with me 11 weeks by then, she will be a HUGE miss, but I know someone will find us a new one soon! (Apologies in advance Cindy and Liz for bawling down the phone, I'll be happy really!)

Any time :flowers:

Cindy

I can imagine how excited you are. Just keep telling yourself I will not fail, I will not fail------

I agree Cindy that Fee is not the one to give any advice on this as she must be one of the quickest temporary failed fosterers around, at least it took me a few weeks to fail with Todd not a day or two :laugh: :wub: