Ball Bouncing Bailey Springer

selina

here he is Ball Bouncing Bailey

Baileyarrives2.jpg

Baileyarrives.jpg

Cooling off in a little stream after is long day's drive

Baileyarrives3.jpg

Baileyarrives4.jpg

and showing his love for tennis balls, he found this one and just loved to play catch, so more than plenty of life in this boy yet, he's going to be so much fun to have around :biggrin:

Baileyarrives5.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This boy must think he's gone to heaven. Hasn't been out for months and has had such a lovely walk already. Thank you so much for taking him in Selina and to everyone who helped transport him today. Have we been duped cos he doesn't look like an oldie to me. :wub:

fantastic

well done selina. lucky ol' bailey.

i got my new foster dog yesterday, but i can't get pics on here :angry:

your dog looks so sweet.

what a warm day to go discovering.

all the best to both of you, may you have many many happy times xx

Hi Selina

I am so glad Ball Bouncing Bailey has arrived safely and settling in already. Thanks to Michelle and the transporters involved.

So Selina is there another pub nearby, you can rehome an oldie to, just so you can get free booze! LOL.

Hi Selina,

Your pics just brought tears to my eyes! I was the one who picked him up from his owner, and he was just so excited to be going out! I almost just took him straight home, he is such a lovely dog. I hope he wasn't too stressed, he must have been very confused, but SO worth it in the end, he just looks so happy. :biggrin:

Thankyou for having him, he really deserves this.

Isobel -x-

Isobel, by the time he got to me he was far less stressed than it sounds like he was at the beginning of the journey, he has had a very exciting day today, he helped us do a car boot sale this morning, and loved every minute of it, barking whenever we were serving someone and ignoring him :rolleyes: :biggrin: .

We have discovered he loves chasing bubbles although because of his arthritic front paw we had to keep them low for him, he has brought us every ball he can find and demanded to play catch time and time again.:laugh:

If I'm honest, I expected the worst with this boy because of him not going out for such a long time but he has really surprised us, his fitness isn't to bad considering, and he is so playful still, he has so much to give a new owner, he is one of the most loving and still playful oldies that I've ever looked after, when he goes to his forever home think there will be tears shed again :laugh: :laugh:

Nearly forgot to say he is completely housetrained, quiet throughout the night, cries a bit in the car, I'm not sure yet wether this is stress or excitement or a combination of the two, he is OK with cats but does need to be told No occasionally as he tries it on with them and he adores my two dogs. :biggrin:

Oh my word he sounds adorable. Maybe the lady used to throw a ball for him indoors or in the garden or something and that's why you're not noticing any lack of fitness? I'm just so pleased he's now enjoying proper walks and life as a Springer should.

Oh my word he sounds adorable. Maybe the lady used to throw a ball for him indoors or in the garden or something and that's why you're not noticing any lack of fitness?

Thats what I think Michelle :biggrin:

He has certainly been very loved, I would imagine his owner is devastated at having to rehome him and very brave for putting his needs first :( .

A couple more pics from today, he's not limping he just happened to be holding his paw up as I took the shot :laugh:

dogs8.jpg

and I just love this one :wub:

dogs8-1.jpg

and yes he did kill the squeaky ball :laugh: :laugh:

Hello Bailey :wub: Been looking for ya matey :wink: I picked him up from Tracey (Tilly1712) and took him down to William. He was excited, sure, but not stressed really - just being a springyspringer :wub: Noticed his arthriticky type probs, and without wishing to 'teach my granny to suck eggs' as it were :wink: wondered if you'd considered trying him with Green Lipped Mussel? Has worked wonders on my best mate's 11 y.o. springer, she's bounding around like a pup :biggrin:

So pleased to see him looking so happy - he stole more than a little piece of my heart, I can tell you :flowers:

Edited by magwai

I've got a huge jar of glucosamine and chondroitin which I am trying him on first, these worked for the other elderly springers that seem to pass this way :biggrin: , if these don't work I'll give the green lipped mussel thingies a go :) , although he holds his paw up after jarring his leg slightly he only holds it up for about 5-6 steps and then happily walks on it again so I don't think it is to bad for him but I am keeping it under constant observation.

I don't suppose jumping off my double bed helps, which is where he takes himself when I go out :laugh:

Bailey has also had his haircut now so this is what he looks like instead of a burst couch :laugh:

Playing with his squeaky torch

Bailey12.jpg

Having a rest

Bailey12-1.jpg

Take a picture of my good side please :wub:

Bailey12-3.jpg

Bailey says "I'm telling you I need A Home, can you hear me" :laugh: :laugh:

Bailey12-2.jpg