UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oversized Pug..........

Red Rotties

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations :biggrin: My mate Ron is a groomer. About 4 years ago, as a favour to his girlfriends friends dad :wacko: he went to clip there Bulldogs nails. When he got there, Louie had bad eyes all gunky, long nails and a cracked nose. They said he was 8 years old and didn't like going out :glare:

They then went on to say that they didn't really want him and that if they could find him a nice home they would.

He is now about 12 and lives very happily with Ron, his wife and 2 kids. He is deaf and is losing his eyesight. But boy, does he love Ron and vice versa. So you never know, if Louie is anything to go by.................

Have a happy "new" life Basil :wub:

Karen x

BTW Louie loves going out, a lot slower now, but hey ho :)

Well done you! :flowers: I'm sure once he's seen a vet and sorted his eyes and he's lost a few pounds he

will be so much happier. I think you may also be surprised that the 'short time' turns into a long time :biggrin:

Why would he want to give up on a life of luxury!

Congratulations!

He has already seen a vet, WAW would NEVER have a dog in their care which did not visit the vets immediately for a check over and in his case the treatment he badly needed.

Congratulations :)

Sometimes things are meant to be, Reds may have sent Basil to you, I am convinced that Dixie sent Gracie to me and although there were problems at first, she is now a little angel, well sometimes :laugh:

All mine came at a time when I needed them as much as they needed me. The last thing I wanted was a 5th dog, I was happy to foster over Christmas but then she was being rehomed. How wrong I was. When the applications started to come in for her, I got such a look off her saying "Don't you dare let me go". :laugh: Tilly has been very good for Bonnie and her energy levels and Bonnie is a much calmer dog now.

I am sure you will get a lot of pleasure from Basil, and he will be thoroughly spoilt :wub:

Well done you and hello Basil :flowers: Oldies are fun and beautiful. We adopted Cash the old Staffie (16) in November last year and yeah sometimes it's hard work but the love and affection and those thank you eyes make everything completely worthwhile and we never ever get cross because he is so adorable and a real trier and we say thank you for him every day.

I hope Basil and your family have many good times to come you won't regret it :biggrin:

Out of curiousity how overweight is Basil? I'm not used to this type of dog so I can't really judge myself what he should look like.

Very well done for taking him on, I'm sure that you will be blessed a thousand times over.

Gosh I must have missed that bit, Basil isnt overweight, bulldogs are built big at front narrow at the back