UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Did Your Dogs Go Out In The Rain

cycas

Looking at RMF, I see a number of lucky people who did NOT have to go out to walk in the pouring rain with their dogs, like wot I did :angry: .

Clearly, they don't have a dog that SCREAMS AND SCREAMS until she get a walk, even if it is peeing it down. I'm guessing they probably have dogs that don't hurl themselves repeatedly upside down into the mud until you give in and take his coat off either. (then have to walk home with a muddy coat in hand... :rolleyes: )

So, who went out in the rain today, and who stayed in and toasted themselves in comfort?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have taken my 2 out twice today both times got soaked me and them. Hubby has just taken them out again, they always have 3 walks. They would not settle without going out. Indoor play is just not enough for them. I have 4 dog towels hanging over radiators, plus all my wet-weather gear drying off.

Ours go out all weathers, Dex and Daisy do the screech at the front door..........yikes it's raining but then just get on with it, Barney and Minke just charge out as normal. I love taking ours out in inclement weather because usually all the twits who have no control over their dogs don't do rain so we can have a lovely time.

Blimey today has just been non stop hasn't it :( Is there no end to it, it's relentless at the moment it seems. Next week doesn't look too clever either.

OH took our's on both her walks today :D It's still raining here now so she's just had a last widdle in the garden rather than another walk as usual.

We're quite lucky, she doesn't really demand walks, but we still take her in all winds and weathers. You'll see the usual suspects but it's funny how the 'fair weather' walkers are distinctly absent during weather like this.

OH saw his friend walking thier puppy, with the little girl in tow. The children wanted the dog so have been taught that dogs needs to be walked, rain or shine - great attitude in my opinion.

Somtimes, children get bored after the initial novelty wears off :sad02: .

Joe and I went for lunch in the local gastro pub, with the dogs. we went for a walk in the rain after. It was showery. Edie wasn't too impressed, but she had her tail up, so I figure she was happy. Bird will go anywhere, as long as I`m there :wub:

Bird after being in the rain, she go's all dredlocky :wub:

2007_0103firestpictures0013.jpg

Benny will just about tolerate rain if it starts when we are out but Gem does not do rain one bit, if it starts raining on a walk she practically drags me home in a sulk and she will absolutely not step foot out of the door if it's raining!

My 2 don't "do" rain. They were most disgusted when I took them out this morning. Been getting dirty looks off them for the rest of the day. :rolleyes: I have no chance of getting them out tonight.

I will have to lever them out of the door before I go to bed tonight! :biggrin:

It's been relentless here today, windy too which I hate. :angry:

We did morning walks, but the fields were either flooded or knee deep in mud, so for once I abandoned attempts to get round with the 'youngsters' (who hate mud and water) and we did a very boring and unsatisfactory on-lead walk round the streets. I got soaked, the dogs sulked all the way, and it crossed my mind more than once that I must be completely mad to be doing this :wacko:

When I came back for the oldies Molly refused point blank to set foot outside the house so I ended up taking Musky on his own - he is completely unphased by 'weather' and loves splashing through the floods. He came home so completely caked in mud that it took the rest of the morning to clean him up :rolleyes:

Evening walks were abandoned - the rain was absolutely sheeting down and I couldn't face it. I'm sure the dogs heaved a collective sigh of relief, but I've been feeling guilty all evening :unsure: