UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rest In Peace Darling Yoyo Hamster

GingerMacYoYo

Thank You All.

Murtle, just reading those words reduced me to tears, again. Thank You.

I noticed YoYo wasn't right on Saturday night about 10, he never did his usual thing of coming out to see what baby food he had.

He came out a while later, I saw him eating then he turned round and flopped down. I put him back in his sleeping area and out he came again and had more food. His eyes were tightly shut. He made it back to his bed. I had decided while 'talking' to a cyber friend on a hamster forum that if he lasted the night I would take him to the vet on Sunday to start his journey.

I was amazed to find him still breathing Sunday morning but other than that not moving. I cuddle him for half an hour and then made the phone call. Appointment for 11.20, he was still breathing at 11 when I placed him in the travel box. By the time we got into see Jose in the surgery he had gone. Jose put the enormous stethoscope on his little chest and said he'd passed.

It all happened so quickly, he was looking old around the eyes. My friend Enid (Jans Mate) had given me him as a pressie on Feb 17th 2005 so I'd had him for two years, one week and one day. Not long enough.

YoYo was my last hammie and I'm not having any more.