UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Staffie - Feeding Advice Please

Mrs B

This is one of those friend of a friend situations ....................

A hyper 18 month neutered male Staffie is being fed on Bakers - the suggestion today that Bakers might not be the best thing for him to be fed has been taken on board - but the question has come back, "what do you suggest instead?"

I do think they will listen to advice on what to feed, and are also listening to the suggestion that they might need some training help.

Can anyone suggest foods that I might recommend to them? I know the better types of dry foods generally, but just wondered if Staffie owners might have some particular favourites.

My staffies (1 is pure, 1 is staffyxlab) and both my rotties are raw fed - never had any problems with any of them - coats are shiny, tails are waggy and they are healthy and happy.

Lynn

*edited to add: I get their meat from Landywoods - cant sing their praises enough!

Edited by StaffieLover

Well both of mine are raw fed - but I suspect that this might be one step too far as a suggestion for these folks!

Just about to ring to find out what time my Landywoods delivery's coming today - although this is the third date I've been given for delivery this month - but that's another story as they say!

I used to feed Wagg, did so for many years then one day Joe had a seizure, and the next, and the next and when I looked at the bag of Wagg, they had changed it but there was no notification that they had done this. Some of the new ingredients were what Joe is alergic to.

This was when I went and found Burgess Sensitive, and my dogs have been a lot better on it. :flowers:

Your friend needs to keep a close eye on any weight loss. Many staffies I know are a tad sensitive to red meat and/or poultry, my boy is. He is fed on Wainwrights Salmon and patatoe and thrives on it, nice coat, skin and poo and no weight loss.

Ruby Boo is on Natures Menu senior and light because of worn down teeth she can't handle dry every day.

Both also get veggies and fish (tuna, sardines and mackrel)

Cindy :)