UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Overlooked Tricks Has Found A Home At Last!

JoT

I am now :mecry: all over again reading this. I cant thank Jo enough for opening her heart and her home to Tricks and thanks to all at the Oldies Club for giving us the chance to advertise him and for working so hard to try and find him his forever home.

I couldn't have wished for anything better for Tricks than this but I must confess that I will miss the funny old sod :wub:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am now :mecry: all over again reading this. I cant thank Jo enough for opening her heart and her home to Tricks and thanks to all at the Oldies Club for giving us the chance to advertise him and for working so hard to try and find him his forever home.

I couldn't have wished for anything better for Tricks than this but I must confess that I will miss the funny old sod :wub:

I'm sure you'll get to see the 'funny old sod' again at some point, Rachel... Paul's on the internet looking for campsites near Ely - for future reference... :rolleyes: :laugh:

Jo!

In that series of pics he starts off black but by the end, he is clearly turning ginger! Are you making him match the rest of the set? :laugh:

:ohmy: What are you suggesting, Victoria? I have not henna'd my new dog. I blame it on the flash. :laugh:

Edited by JoT

Fantastic, Jo, it's wonderful that you given him a home. I've been on tenterhooks all day to hear how the introductions went :flowers:

I think he's very handsome :wub: .....and agree with Victoria he's becoming more ginger by the minute :laugh: :laugh:

so pleased the initial intros went well, i hope you all have a settled night's sleep!

And my Milly (below) asked me to tell you that she thinks he is gorgeous and is quite taken with him (it must be something to do with having big ears....)

IMG_0795.jpg

Congratulations!

Edited by flweir

It is great to see Tricks in his new home, he is absolutely gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub:

Jo if you really want a natural ginger coloured, deaf and partially blind oldie to join your clan I can send you Scruffy :wink:

:GroupHug: to you and Paul for giving Tricks a place to call his own

so pleased the initial intros went well, i hope you all have a settled night's sleep!

And my Milly (below) asked me to tell you that she thinks he is gorgeous and is quite taken with him (it must be something to do with having big ears....)

IMG_0795.jpg

Congratulations!

We didn't have a particularly settled night as Tricks just couldn't decide where to sleep. He is generally more settled today though so I'm hoping he'll settle better tonight. Otherwise we're all going to be very tired tomorrow. :wacko:

Unfortunately, Tricks can't see Milly's photo, but I've told him that he has a very beautiful lady admirer and he says he is most flattered. He hopes that one day he gets a chance to meet Milly and give her a good sniffing. :unsure: :rolleyes: (Must be a blind/deaf dog thing!). I haven't told him that Milly is already betrothed, as I don't want to upset him. :wink:

I cannot say if Tricks "is the best looking dog" some people can't see the wood etc ..... but in my eyes he looks gorgeous ....... such a handsome lad who has at last found that loving for ever home he so richly deserves. :) :)

We wish you all the very best for a happy future together.

With love from the MuttHutters :)

Unfortunately, Tricks can't see Milly's photo, but I've told him that he has a very beautiful lady admirer and he says he is most flattered. He hopes that one day he gets a chance to meet Milly and give her a good sniffing. :unsure: :rolleyes: (Must be a blind/deaf dog thing!). I haven't told him that Milly is already betrothed, as I don't want to upset him. :wink:

prob best not mention to him that Milly's betrothed is on probation for GBH either.... :mellow: :rolleyes:

Thought I'd provide a bit of an update on Tricks. I didn't see him from Wednesday up to yesterday evening and the difference in him in that short time is incredible. He is finding his way around much better - still bumping into things, but now it's as if he's expecting them to be there and wants to bump into them anyway :wacko: . In the garden, he has a favourite tree that he walks up to and into. Strange boy!

He looks very happy and jumps up on the furniture without hesitation, and he slept on the bed last night. It's a really high bed too. He's obviously been sizing it up ever since he arrived and last night he tested the height with his chin and then by putting his paws up, and then he took a flying leap and settled down as if he'd always slept there.

Paul quite often makes hot milk at night (yes, we are obviously getting old!) and Tricks goes mad when he smells it. I suspect his previous owner used to make a hot milk and have a biscuit at night! He's obviously had a kind, loving home and has been spoiled previously, which makes me feel even sadder that he ended up in the pound and then in kennels for nearly 2 years.

I think Paul is quietly smitten - I keep catching him giving Tricks 'proud dad' glances when he thinks I'm not looking. But he is a man so does feel obliged to moan about having too many dogs etc. on a regular basis. Yawn, yawn!

Gemma still loathes Tricks, but she's sticking to quiet seething now rather than nasty nipping. :rolleyes: So, that relationship is still a work in progress. :wink:

Have failed miserably on the photo front; I intended to take the camera on walkies this morning but forgot. :rolleyes: Will try to get some photos this weekend. Oh and Tricks loves his walks - on his extender lead. We've been taking him out for an hour plus every morning and he's starting to shed some of his excess pounds. I suspect he would walk for miles and miles given the chance!

And finally, witter, witter, he seems to have gathered the nicknames Tricky-Woo and Tank. But he can't hear us anyway, so we can call him what we like. :laugh:

Edited by JoT