UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Overlooked Tricks Has Found A Home At Last!

JoT

prob best not mention to him that Milly's betrothed is on probation for GBH either.... :mellow: :rolleyes:

Hello Jo,

I'm new to the oldies club - first heard of it around November / December time and even newer to the forums but just wanted to say that I recently took in Joyce after she'd been so appallingly treat and it was suggested to me that I'd go to doggie heavean for it. I dont know if that's true - though I so hope so as I'd so love to one day meet up again with Jo, who I lost to lung cancer on 21st November, Sheba my childhood pal and my sisters little westie, Peggy - all great characters - but if it is indeed out there somewhere I recall Tricks ad. had asked for an angel for him & after nearly two years it sounds like I might well meet you there!

It's lovely to hear this old boy find such a happy end. Hope you all have a very happy future together ..... though what's all that about men, moaning and too many dogs???

Regards Ian

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's lovely to hear this old boy find such a happy end. Hope you all have a very happy future together ..... though what's all that about men, moaning and too many dogs???

Regards Ian

Aw, thanks for your kind words, Ian. Your photos of the new, improved, lucky Joyce made me very happy when I saw them.

I didn't mean to offend any blokes on the forum with my remarks, but in my experience, men do tend to feel obliged to moan about having too many dogs, just to keep us dog-mad women in check. :laugh:

What a lovely update, Jo. The idea of Tricks selecting a favourite tree to bump into made me giggle, but then thinking of Tricks enjoying home life after waiting so long makes me all :mecry: again.

We REALLY need some more pictures soon :angry: :D :biggrin:

(Just edited to say that I have to be the voice of reason in our house regarding how many dogs we can manage - this doesn;t come naturally to me and is no doubt why we are now one over quota :rolleyes: . Strange, because my husband was most definitely NOT a dog person when we married, now every time he sees a sad story I have to stop him jumping in the car and bringing the dog home :ohmy: )

Edited by Fee

Strange, because my husband was most definitely NOT a dog person when we married, now every time he sees a sad story I have to stop him jumping in the car and bringing the dog home :ohmy: )

Good grief, Fee, where did you find him? :ohmy: :laugh:

OK, photos. This is what Tricks was doing a few minutes ago - snoring next to my chair.

Hopefully will get some of him with his eyes open later! :rolleyes:

DSC01998.jpg

DSC01999.jpg

DSC02000.jpg

:wub: :wub:

Edited by JoT

I did tell you that bumping into things never bothered him :)

I cant decide whether to :biggrin: or :wub: or :mecry: so I'll just settle for saying Thank You!!

No; thank you for looking after him for so long, Rachel! :flowers:

Mmm, he does seem to positively enjoy bumping into things though, doesn't he! :ohmy: :rolleyes: :wacko:

Edited by JoT

Tricks, you are beautiful. :wub:

So lovely to hear how he is fitting in. I was wondering how you would handle the walks, what with the JoT household being a walky one and all. :mecry: a bit to hear that he can go out with the other dogs and really enjoy it, that is just brilliant.

Aw, thanks for your kind words, Ian. Your photos of the new, improved, lucky Joyce made me very happy when I saw them.

I didn't mean to offend any blokes on the forum with my remarks, but in my experience, men do tend to feel obliged to moan about having too many dogs, just to keep us dog-mad women in check. :laugh:

Oh, dont worry I wasn't offended - just a tongue in cheek "question" (though I was genuinely surprised to see somewhere on here that there were too few men involved). Perhaps what you should remind any none dog loving guys is that a dog is supposed to MAN'S best friend!

As I've yet to find Miss Right however perhaps I should take heart from this (lol)