Advertising Campaign

Abigailj

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this in an email today from the charity concerned:

Dear Marion

Thank you for your contribution to this very important debate. ENABLE Scotland wants it to be a thought provoking campaign and already we have received a large number of responses both for and against the campaign.

ENABLE Scotland wants children and adults with learning disability to be higher up the public agenda and this campaign is helping us to achieve that. Of course we respect everyone's right to donate to the cause of their choice.

Thank you for your comments which have been noted

Doreen Walkinshaw

Head of Fundraising and Marketing

ENABLE Scotland

0141 226 4541

[email protected]

6th floor, 7 Buchanan Street

I am not impressed :mad:

Marion

I'm not surprised. What a load of waffle. I wonder if they'd like to reveal the number of "for" responses they've had? I think I'll ask.

Eejits.

Liz.

I was reading the BBC website re. this yesterday (or was it day before? :rolleyes: ) and I don't remember anyone commenting that they thought this advertising was OK! I think they must be really regretting this campaign, and rightly so.

Lindsay

x

I doubt it :( as they say there is no such think as bad advertising.

I think the campaign is shocking, but I also guess that is what they wanted....like the Benetton adverts were, after all it's got us all talking about it!

Grrr....I really really agree with Bebe

xx

I doubt it :( as they say there is no such think as bad advertising.

I think the campaign is shocking, but I also guess that is what they wanted....like the Benetton adverts were, after all it's got us all talking about it!

Grrr....I really really agree with Bebe

xx

I think they may find the donating public is different from the buying public, though. The whole issue is a moral one, and most donors think long and hard before they choose their "cause".

I'm sad that the young actress was persuaded to back this advertising campaign, when she herself has so successfully challenged public assumptions about disability.

Liz.

I got this in an email today from the charity concerned:

Dear Marion

Thank you for your contribution to this very important debate. ENABLE Scotland wants it to be a thought provoking campaign and already we have received a large number of responses both for and against the campaign.

ENABLE Scotland wants children and adults with learning disability to be higher up the public agenda and this campaign is helping us to achieve that. Of course we respect everyone's right to donate to the cause of their choice.

Thank you for your comments which have been noted

Doreen Walkinshaw

Head of Fundraising and Marketing

ENABLE Scotland

0141 226 4541

[email protected]

6th floor, 7 Buchanan Street

I am not impressed :mad:

Marion

I got the same too...obviously a standard reply letter that takes no notice of the individual complaint.