UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

The only long boots I could find to fit my short fat legs were Robinson's own long leather boots. Theyre really comfortable, I ride in them all the time. Before that I rode in short boots and chaps.

Good luck for tomorrow Clare :flowers: I saw the Schedule for that - good luck!

Providing my sponsored ride goes well (a month tomorrow eeek!) and I can get transport im looking to enter some very baby show jumping and cross country for during May - June time. Id stick to 2'0 or 2'3 classes. Only problem is ive never done a horse show in my life (own yard ones dont count :laugh: ) and would not have a clue what to do. Ive got most of the clothes...I just literally wouldnt know what to do. I know you have to walk the course - thats it. Do you have to go and collect your number from the secretary? How do you know when to get there? How do you know when its going to be your turn? Who fancies doing a "guide to showjumping shows for dummies" for me? :laugh:

It can vary from venue to venue, indoor we declare and your name is put on a blackboard in the collecting ring, others you have to collect your number from the sec's tent. Your class should be announced to give you the chance to walk the course but it is down to you to keep an eye on what's happening and be in the collecting ring in time. Cross country you can usually walk the course the day before which does make life easier, don't forget for XC your hat must be up to standard and your BP similar and fits properly.

Schedules should give you the times of the classes but shows are notorious for running early or late so it's advisable to give yourself a fair margin!

Clare, good luck!

I ride in MH High Rider, I think they do come in wide and standard, perhaps they showed you the wide by mistake?

Had a good day, well I was up at 5.30am so it feels like a whole day already :laugh: After walking the course yesterday was a little concerned on a few things mainly a hanging log with quite a drop on landing, and knowing how he can overjump I was worried we would both land on our head. But I trotted into it and sat well back (actually the photo showed me in a decent jumping postion for once :rolleyes: ) and it wasn't too bad.

Flew round, though have to admit I did have a few trotting bits mainly for my benefit (must start running!) just heard we came 2nd so really chuffed :biggrin:

Fantastic!! Well done :biggrin:

Had a lesson on blue today. He was in a cheeky mood today, but was forward going from the beginning of the lesson. We had a few moments where he wasn't listening to my leg and I felt like I was dragging him round with my reins instead of him bending round my leg when we were doing circles. I ended up bringing him back to walk and getting quite tough on him. He really seems to respond when I get firmer with him, and from then on he worked in a really nice outline and was super forward! I actually had to work really hard to contain his energy today, think am going to have to do some canter work with him on the lunge to try and get some energy out of him!!

No they were definitely regular width, my calves are just too bloomin skinny :angry:

Gonna get Mountain Horse Classic Rider in brown with either Mountain Horse Extreamer or Ranger leggings.

Brilliant Clare, really well done, you and Loki :thumbsup_still:

Seeing as I wasn’t riding yesterday I managed to get a piccie of Trooper, hes definitely my favourite to ride, forward going and responsive to the leg :wub:

When I took the pics he already had scoffed two apples and was nickering for more :wub:

Trooper2.jpg

Trooper.jpg

Oh my :ohmy: I think I am rather in love with Trooper :wub:

Oh how I would love slim calves, im stuck in wides :laugh:

Sounds a good lesson Gooster, spring is definately in the air. Did you manage to get transport sorted for your dressage outing?

Loki seems fine this morning, went for a pootle round the block to check all functioning okay, let's just say I am glad he feels better than I do :laugh:

Didn't manage to get transport sorted for next week, so am aiming for Easter Sunday now. Have told the people I am buying the trailer from I have a show to go to, so hopefully they will put pressure on the company building their box to get it finished.

I would settle for wide calves as long as they are a normal length. I have a beautiful pair of long boots I can't wear as they dig in behind my knees (even with heel lifters in) :(

Ouch hope your aches are better today, mine seem to be worse :laugh:

Pics are up, I am not allowed to buy anymore pictures unless they are really nice and over a decent fence so not tempted by either of them thankfully!

This was the drop I was worried about!

Pic 1

Didn't even see a photographer at this one :wacko:

Pic 2

Fantastic pics!!!

Have had a small clearout and put a couple of things on

Preloved. Already sold a bit within an hour of me listing it!! Just been down to post office now to post it! Just 2 saddles and a girth to go now. Am reluctantly selling my bargain saddle that I got just before Christmas as Blue has lost weight since then and I suspect it was a bit too wide before. So, am trying to get stuff sold so I can afford a saddle company dressage saddle. Got £18 in my paypal account, so got a fair way to go yet!!

Oh well done :flowers:

Hope you get your trailer in time for your Easter dressage, we have a lady at the yard waiting for a lorry to be built, I don't know why these places promise deadlines that they can't keep, her's is nowhere near ready even though they said it would be!

All I will say about Saddle Co saddles is make sure you get a very good fitter - I had a nightmare with them, its probably on this thread somewhere :flowers:

Ah, can you remember how long ago?

Blue does have a saddle co GP saddle but it doesn't really get used as it has a leather seat, and I am that used to riding in my Wintec Isabell, I tend to find myself sliding all over the place in the saddle co one! I am going to try riding in that one again though and if I am still not happy with it, that is going on Preloved as well!!

I love the look of the Ideal Jessica, as that has a suede seat and knee rolls too. I suppose I am going to have to be patient and wait for these saddles to sell and then I can get a saddler out.

My main problem with our local decent saddler is that she only sells brand new saddles, and I think a brand new Jessica is going to be out of my price range :unsure: