UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Meant to say the scabbing reminds me a bit of mud fever but its only above the stifle area towards the tail. No doubt it'll be expensive whatever it is :rolleyes: but for a few days i'll treat it and if no improvement or it gets any worse then call the vets. If any of you know of a sad desperate vet please shove him in my direction :biggrin: i wont/cant be fussy :laugh:

Hope you get Annies scabby bits sorted without the need for a vet :)

Pony is gorgeous :wub:

We were supposed to have jumping lesson today but yard owner decided at 4pm he was going into the arena to arrange jumps for show tonight, instructor was :angry:

Anyway it meant we had a very impromptu xc lesson instead :ohmy:

Dont get me wrong they were ikkle jumps but im glad we didnt know in advance.

Magic was a wee superstar and jumped them all very enthusiastically until we came to jump a small white bridge shaped one and he ran out to the right at the last minute. I came off, landed on my feet and we stood looking at each other :rolleyes: Tried it again and he ran out to the left though I managed to stay on that time. Have to say I dont like that running out malarky :rolleyes:

Instructor then hopped on him and he tried same with her but she made him pop over it.

Soooooo my first taster of xc in a lot of years was good fun.

All being well its a jumping lesson on Friday.

Hope the Sudacream does its magic on Annie, fantastic stuff :flowers:

Ooh pony is very lovely, does he/she have a name? Ground work is much fun :biggrin:

Glad your unscheduled dismount was a nice one EAD, cheeky Magic :laugh: Did you canter or trot into the jump, I always find if we come across a spooky jump that if I keep Loki in trot and between leg and hand its easier to stop a run out, Lucinda Green describes it a squeezing toothpast out of a tube :flowers:

Had a horrible time last night, we have been having problems with motorbikes and quad bikes in the forest commission land we ride on, I haven't been up there for ages but have heard others on the yard complaining, but assumed they meant the normal kids on bikes that are annoying but you can normally avoid. I avoided the area on Monday as could hear the bikes but last night I really needed to get Loki out for a good walk and the plan was to walk him to the forest then hop on for 20 mins then lead him back.

On our way I could hear the bikes were there, but thought I was probably just letting my imagination run away with me so carried on to see if there was a route I could do to avoid them. Got the the entrance and was completely :ohmy: there were 10 cars / vans parked all over the byway, the noise was like being on a speedway track and there were large groups of people spectating.

It was a very intimidating atmosphere and they had taken over the whole forest it was not safe to go any further so I turned back down the byway towards home. I couldn't find anything to use as a mounting block to get on so I continued to walk on foot. I don't know what made me decide to suddenly get on him from the ground anyway but I did, I had hardly got my bum in the saddle when one of the vans followed by a load of motorbikes came flying down the byway revving and generally being intimidating. I was 100m from the end of the byway, I couldn't risk pulling over as they wouldn't have passed quietly so I had to trot down the middle of the track literally being chased :mecry: During this rather traumatic incident I do recall thinking wow Loki feels fab :biggrin: along with I really should not be trotting at all yet let alone down a road at this speed!

Thankfully I crossed the road into our drive and they carried on their way revving and skidding and generally being lawless and intimidating ****s

All through this Loki was an absolute star, I really think the Equifeast supplement he is on it making a difference, there is no way he would have coped so well a few weeks ago.

Its left me feeling quite violated, I will not be hacking out in the evening anymore, it will mean while we are still doing our walking fitness I am going to have to get up a stupid o'clock and ride before work. But I know thats the only option as no one will stop these people doing it sadly and they know it. Its our only real hacking too, there are a couple of deadend roads to go down but thats 20 mins max. I really hate people sometimes :mad:

You must call the Police.... if someone is going to have a fall

Hope the Sudacream does its magic on Annie, fantastic stuff :flowers:

Ooh pony is very lovely, does he/she have a name? Ground work is much fun :biggrin:

Glad your unscheduled dismount was a nice one EAD, cheeky Magic :laugh: Did you canter or trot into the jump, I always find if we come across a spooky jump that if I keep Loki in trot and between leg and hand its easier to stop a run out, Lucinda Green describes it a squeezing toothpast out of a tube :flowers:

Had a horrible time last night, we have been having problems with motorbikes and quad bikes in the forest commission land we ride on, I haven't been up there for ages but have heard others on the yard complaining, but assumed they meant the normal kids on bikes that are annoying but you can normally avoid. I avoided the area on Monday as could hear the bikes but last night I really needed to get Loki out for a good walk and the plan was to walk him to the forest then hop on for 20 mins then lead him back.

On our way I could hear the bikes were there, but thought I was probably just letting my imagination run away with me so carried on to see if there was a route I could do to avoid them. Got the the entrance and was completely :ohmy: there were 10 cars / vans parked all over the byway, the noise was like being on a speedway track and there were large groups of people spectating.

It was a very intimidating atmosphere and they had taken over the whole forest it was not safe to go any further so I turned back down the byway towards home. I couldn't find anything to use as a mounting block to get on so I continued to walk on foot. I don't know what made me decide to suddenly get on him from the ground anyway but I did, I had hardly got my bum in the saddle when one of the vans followed by a load of motorbikes came flying down the byway revving and generally being intimidating. I was 100m from the end of the byway, I couldn't risk pulling over as they wouldn't have passed quietly so I had to trot down the middle of the track literally being chased :mecry: During this rather traumatic incident I do recall thinking wow Loki feels fab :biggrin: along with I really should not be trotting at all yet let alone down a road at this speed!

Thankfully I crossed the road into our drive and they carried on their way revving and skidding and generally being lawless and intimidating ****s

All through this Loki was an absolute star, I really think the Equifeast supplement he is on it making a difference, there is no way he would have coped so well a few weeks ago.

Its left me feeling quite violated, I will not be hacking out in the evening anymore, it will mean while we are still doing our walking fitness I am going to have to get up a stupid o'clock and ride before work. But I know thats the only option as no one will stop these people doing it sadly and they know it. Its our only real hacking too, there are a couple of deadend roads to go down but thats 20 mins max. I really hate people sometimes :mad:

Forgot to say that I did report it (thats how shook up I was I am terrible for never complaining about anything!) and I also filled in a incident report to the people who issue the permits to ride in there. I doubt the police even bothered to go, I would think they know who they are and wouldn't want to go in there any more than I did :rolleyes:

Possibly not for just one complaint beut if the have got several they will have to go and check it out...also I suspect not all the bikes used are road legal or even insured...and possibly even stolen.... so it might be good haul for them,....

Forgot to say that I did report it (thats how shook up I was I am terrible for never complaining about anything!) and I also filled in a incident report to the people who issue the permits to ride in there. I doubt the police even bothered to go, I would think they know who they are and wouldn't want to go in there any more than I did :rolleyes:

Gosh Clare that's awful, you did the right thing in reporting it. You could even take a shufti up there without Loki and if it's still happening carry on reporting it as they are setting up an illegal speedway track sort of thing. We had a similar problem on the beach, people were riding dirt bikes and quads on the marsh bit. They were churning up the land, weaving in and out of people, dogs and horses and the noise was horrendous. It took a few people to report it but it did get stopped in the end!

Ponies name is Parker.

Sadly my friend refused to let his owners daughter 'borrow' him for a 10 mile sponsored ride because he's not that fit - result was, they threw the teddies out of the pram and decided to use the clause in the loan agreement to claim him back without notice, so he went back to his old home today :(

However, the yard owner had a lovely 4 year old bright bay Welsh Section C gelding whose only been ridden for a few months, so my friend has brought him! :biggrin: He had a bad start - owned by gypsies, gelded late, then thrown out with the stallions, who kicked 7 shades of whatsit out of him - he was found half dead in a ditch and pulled out with a 4X4. My friend and her daughter are already having lots of fun with him and they are all learning together.

How scary, hope there is some way those idiots can be stopped :angry: some people just spoil things for the rest of us.

And good boy Loki for being so calm, glad he feels better :wub:

Parker :wub:

Clare we were cantering into the jump, in hindsight trotting would maybe have prevented him running out but because he was soooo keen to go over all the other jumps I didn’t think he would refuse or maybe if I was more experienced I would have realised.

Hope they manage to stop the idiots Clare :GroupHug: :flowers:

Hope you are ok after your unplanned dismount EAD :flowers: Sometimes they like to throw the odd curveball in to throw us when they are being good :rolleyes:

Not much to report here, got lovely kisses from Blue this evening :wub:

Have found another nearby dressage on the 18th Sept, prelim 18 split into kids, young ponies and adults. Am hoping that since the classes are split like that, they might be a bit smaller, but am not holding my breath. Quite glad kids are separate though as they'd beat us hooves down!!

:ohmy: thats awful Clare

:wub: Parker but thats one reason i hate loans. I used to have a lovely chunky black cob on loan called Charlie.I would get to the stables and find him missing as his owner would turn up and take him out without asking me. I even got there one day to find her and her mum clipping and hogging him because they felt he'd look better.After a year of this and arguements i realised she just didnt want the expense of keeping a horse and thought she could have her cake and eat it this way. I gave up the loan of him and she sold him soon after. Six months later he was found dead in his field of a heart attack, he was only 8yrs old :(

Annies leg is better, the branded hoofprint :rolleyes: in the swollen part of leg has almost gone as has the heat and most of the swelling. The scabby bits are coming off but i still havent got a clue what was wrong. No lameness in fact last night i think they were doing rehersals for rodeo/racing :laugh:

Glad Annie's leg is better :flowers:

Had another good lesson on Blue tonight, we did a lot more canter work tonight, we were both knackered at the end of it. Throughout the last half of the lesson he had his boy's bits hanging out, then when I hopped off at the end he had a huge wee :laugh:

We spent time working on lots of canter-trot-canter transitions, I was concerned that it may reinforce his habit of breaking his canter, but it didn't seem to.

Gooster im fine, right arm a little sore whatever way ive launched myself off, glad lesson went well.

Glad Annies leg is nearly better :wub:

Had jumping lesson today, its slowly sinking in to keep sitting back approaching the jump and keep plenty of leg on, did course of 9 jumps three times and the last time instructor said she couldn’t fault it.

Got a lunge lesson on Wednesday morning, looking forward to that. Not sure if its on Magic or not.

Had long chat with instructor today about costs of keeping horse, owner wasn’t at yard to chat about Magic but instructor going to mention im interested. Will know hopefully next week.