UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Aww Loki :wub: :wub: Hope he's feeling better soon.

I have decided that my pony is not a member of the equine species, but is in fact an overgrown dog. Last night at the farm after tickles, kisses and ear scratches, he followed me all the way to the gate like a lost puppy :rolleyes: :laugh: :wub: Then he stood looking all sad and dopey eyed till I walked off :laugh:

Awww Magic :wub:

I might have just gone a bit mad on the Robinsons website!! I need a new black show jacket for dressage, and they had a nice one on the website for half price. Then I realised I need some new white jodhs for dressage as mine are a bit tight, but wasn't sure what size I needed, so bought 2 pairs. Then I remembered that I need a kickbolt, rug rack, mane and tail conditioner and quick plait. Oops. Ah well, hopefully one pair of jodhs will be going back!!

We have a new Robinsons superstore opened near us, oh dear its so easy to get carried away :laugh:

Just had a chat with someone from Equifeast who my trainer suggested talking to. He asked if he had been tested for Calcium deficency, which looking at the bloods he hasn't. He thought it worth a try so have ordered their "sensible essentials" I needed to reorder a vit and min supplement anyway so will try that instead. Before he came out of work he was spookier than usual and I did see him eating soil once after xc, and we did have a mystery as to why he was coming in with bloodied lips which would fit with trying to eat hard soil - probably clutching at straws but helps me to keep trying things even if it doesn't help him :rolleyes:

I really hope it helps... it certainly shouldnt do him any harm... keeping everything crossed he is back to his lively self before long

We have a new Robinsons superstore opened near us, oh dear its so easy to get carried away :laugh:

Just had a chat with someone from Equifeast who my trainer suggested talking to. He asked if he had been tested for Calcium deficency, which looking at the bloods he hasn't. He thought it worth a try so have ordered their "sensible essentials" I needed to reorder a vit and min supplement anyway so will try that instead. Before he came out of work he was spookier than usual and I did see him eating soil once after xc, and we did have a mystery as to why he was coming in with bloodied lips which would fit with trying to eat hard soil - probably clutching at straws but helps me to keep trying things even if it doesn't help him :rolleyes:

Had a letter from the insurance company today saying that they can not consider my claim as there is no diagnosis :rolleyes: They have requested a detailed explanation from my vet, and proof that it is a physical problem, I can only hope that because the last bloods showed something that will be enough :unsure: Hohum stressful times ahead :mecry:

:ohmy: on no, i know how you feel as i'm struggling to work out how to pay my £601 vet bill. The worst bit is Ferns insurance papers were filled out ready to post when she had 2nd bout of colic. Now i think i can safely assume she wont be covered for anything colicky or what the insurance company could class as worm problems. With the 2 colics so close it most probably will be regarded as a problem. What company are you with?

Just had a lesson at my local stables today and am feeling a bit miffed. My half hour lesson was due to start at 3pm but because there was a lesson immediately before mine and only 1 person (the instructor) on the yard by the time my horse was tacked up and I was mounted it was 3.10pm before the lesson started and it finished on time because there was another lesson after mine. :angry: I feel as if I have been cheated out of a third of my lesson. Is this something anyone else has come across, I don't know whether to just accept it or say something?

That is pathetic Clare, we have just had our claim settled for Ted's tummy issues, again no definitive diagnosis, they just came to the conclusion that it was a food allergy.

Keeping everything crossed your vet can come up with something so they'll pay out :flowers:

All the horses in the yard had to come in for worming tonight, so had to go and set Blue's stable up. For the short time he is in, he is on straw as it's cheaper to set up than a shavings bed. Once his bed was set up he started whinnying for his tea :wub: He settled back into his stable really well, considering he has been out for 3 months!!

That's awful Clare, same thing was tried on with Wanda, I got her vet to kick ass big style and they coughed up. It's a cunning plan so they can exclude just about everything on renewal, insurers tried to exclude Dobbin's entire back end (large) after she slipped her stifle!

Give 'em hell! :biggrin:

Jeanne, that's a bit naughty of the instructor, I would let it go this time but if you are late mounted next time I'd mention it as you go in. You pay for the full time and if they are running late that's not your fault!

Jeanne that is just cheeky, I’d see what happens on your next lesson and if still not getting your full time definitely say something.

Clare & collies r best, hope you get insurance sorted, must be worrying alright :(

How long is Blue in for :unsure:

Lesson tomorrow :elefant:

He's back out again on Saturday morning thankfully!! I don't think they come in till the end of October, so got another couple of months of freedom before he comes in for winter! Am hoping spending a couple of nights in will get rid of his belly, he's quite gassy at the moment, so hopefully a couple of nights off the grass will slim him down a bit!!