UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

My dad took a few of us standing by the lorry before we set off, i'll get him to upload them and send them to me asap!

Unfortunately at the fence where they said there was a photographer we did a beautiful jump but when I looked up there was a photographer taking a photo of 2 horses standing together in completely the other direction so not sure if they got a photo of me or not :'( will keep an eye out on their website just in case :)

The photographers did get me :D

Go to John Britter Photography, Events, Frensham Sponsored Ride 2011, Time 13:00-14:00, towards the bottom on the left hand side, the good photo is 10. 18 001. jpg

Ive just emailed to see if I can see a bigger version of the photo so I can decide whether to buy it or not - im mainly concerned about what face im pulling :laugh:

Now in the correct thread :laugh: .

Willow didn't look too bad for her age although I was told that a few weeks ago she had lost weight and has only just put it back on in the last few weeks. She doesn't do school work now only hacking.

I have my next lesson back home on Wednesday. I go to two different riding schools and the Wednesday one caters more for children but is nearby in my village, so from a 16h horse I shall probably go to a pony. Variety is the spice of life.

Wow he has gone really brown hasn't he :biggrin: Looking fab, he has changed so much since you first got him :wub:

Enjoy your lesson tomorrow Jeanne :biggrin:

Anyone else getting a bit concerned about the lack of rain, ground is so hard and I have things coming up on grass, and of course worried about the effect it will have on hay if we don't get some rain soon :unsure:

Awww poor Blue scared of the nasty poles bless him :wub: one of the horses at the yard hates blue & white poles and spooks from them :rolleyes:

CP piccies are fab and Milo looks great, looks half skewbald/half piebald :wub:

Jeanne what all do you do in your lessons :unsure: im being a bit of a sissy about jumping again so only flatwork lessons atm which are good.

I was on Trooper again on Saturday (my favourite) :wub: we were doing 20m circles in canter in light seat, canter poles in light seat amongst other things. T’was fun :biggrin:

Yes im really worried about the state of the ground - we havnt had any proper rain for aboloutely ages. Luckily ive just bought myself £100 worth of hay so that should see me through the next few months! Also means that the sandy bridleway near my yard where we normally canter had gone so hard its like concrete so if I want to do any decent fast work now it means trekking over to the common which is 30-45mins away all on the roads. Its worth it once you get there but I hate getting in drivers ways and having to hack through housing estates :laugh:

Clare did you decide whether or not to do the Wheatlands SJ/XC? It the 15th May which is a Sunday, the schedule is on their website. Im very tempted to do the 2'3" as my monthly horse outing :laugh: Its only 3 miles from me so will be home quickly too :)

Milo's coat is bizarre - when we clipped him, all his patches were that light brown colour. Now its growing back at different speeds, the hair at the front end on his neck and shoulders has grown really fast and has now come back black again, and the hair on his middle is still light brown with tufts of of black :laugh: Very strange..

Edited by cabbagepatch88

Awww poor Blue scared of the nasty poles bless him :wub: one of the horses at the yard hates blue & white poles and spooks from them :rolleyes:

CP piccies are fab and Milo looks great, looks half skewbald/half piebald :wub:

Jeanne what all do you do in your lessons :unsure: im being a bit of a sissy about jumping again so only flatwork lessons atm which are good.

I was on Trooper again on Saturday (my favourite) :wub: we were doing 20m circles in canter in light seat, canter poles in light seat amongst other things. T'was fun :biggrin:

My lessons vary depending on which riding centre I'm at and which horse/pony I'm riding. On Wednesday evening I ride at a school further away but the teaching is more advanced with better horses for adults. We do mainly flat work here, just started using the outdoor school as the evenings are lighter.

On Thursday afternoon I ride at the local centre which caters more for children and there doesn't seem to be an ongoing plan to the lessons, we sometimes go for a hack (I prefer lessons) but I have done a few small jumps here and quite enjoyed it. It's not so easy to do the more advanced flatwork on the little ponies.

What is meant by 'light seat' I haven't heard that term before?

Looking good CP - he has gone really brown hasn't he?? :wub: :wub:

I am not totally familiar with the terminology, but I take a light seat to mean that you are cantering off the horse's back as opposed to sitting to the canter. When you do a canter for dressage, it is good to imagine you are riding with a £20 note between your bum and the saddle, so that you have a more 'elegant' picture. However most people when cantering on hacks and showjumping tend to have slightly shorter stirrups, sit off the back and tend to have a more forward seat. I could be totally wrong with this, as like I say, terminology isn't my strong point :unsure:

My lessons on blue keep getting better and better, although he didn't really get the idea of shoulder fore this week. He struggles with the idea in walk, but can do it in trot!! We managed a full canter around the arena on each rein twice this week :biggrin:

Thunder Storms forecast for the weekend... so hang in there....

Yes im really worried about the state of the ground - we havnt had any proper rain for aboloutely ages. Luckily ive just bought myself £100 worth of hay so that should see me through the next few months! Also means that the sandy bridleway near my yard where we normally canter had gone so hard its like concrete so if I want to do any decent fast work now it means trekking over to the common which is 30-45mins away all on the roads. Its worth it once you get there but I hate getting in drivers ways and having to hack through housing estates :laugh:

Clare did you decide whether or not to do the Wheatlands SJ/XC? It the 15th May which is a Sunday, the schedule is on their website. Im very tempted to do the 2'3" as my monthly horse outing :laugh: Its only 3 miles from me so will be home quickly too :)

Milo's coat is bizarre - when we clipped him, all his patches were that light brown colour. Now its growing back at different speeds, the hair at the front end on his neck and shoulders has grown really fast and has now come back black again, and the hair on his middle is still light brown with tufts of of black :laugh: Very strange..

Lovely to hear things are progressing with Blue :biggrin: Do you have any news on the trailer yet?

I have booked the vet to come and look at Loki tomorrow afternoon as I am still not convinced he is 100% and with the ODE coming up in three weeks I need to crack on with hard work and deep down I have been avoiding doing it because of my concerns. Fingers crossed its nothing but have a horrible feeling it might not be good news :unsure: Of course being Loki it won't be simple either :laugh: