UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Lovely to hear things are progressing with Blue :biggrin: Do you have any news on the trailer yet?

No :angry: Texted the woman I am supposed to be buying it off on Sunday and had no reply. That means I can't go to the dressage this weekend, but that did solve another problem I have had about which class to enter, as I emailed the organisers to see if they would split the intro class into restricted and open again as they did last year, so that I didn't have to brave a prelim yet, but got no reply. So the fact that I have no transport makes the fact they haven't replied a lot easier!!!

If they have decided not to sell, I don't mind, I'd just like them to let me know, so I can start looking elsewhere for a trailer!!

Keeping everything crossed that Loki is ok, so you can start work for your event!!

I would say you are well within your rights to look elsewhere.... why should you be without for the Suummer

No :angry: Texted the woman I am supposed to be buying it off on Sunday and had no reply. That means I can't go to the dressage this weekend, but that did solve another problem I have had about which class to enter, as I emailed the organisers to see if they would split the intro class into restricted and open again as they did last year, so that I didn't have to brave a prelim yet, but got no reply. So the fact that I have no transport makes the fact they haven't replied a lot easier!!!

If they have decided not to sell, I don't mind, I'd just like them to let me know, so I can start looking elsewhere for a trailer!!

Keeping everything crossed that Loki is ok, so you can start work for your event!!

Thanks for asking :flowers: Vet gave him a good going over and had me running up and down in the heat, good job he wasn't commenting on my soundness or fitness :laugh: He found nothing wrong with him, very very slight reaction to flexion tests but not on the leg I was concerned about, vet said so slight not a consideration. On the lunge he said he had a fantastic range of movement and would be very doubtful he could move like that if he was in any way in pain :unsure:

So he left me with two options, I could bute him up and see if behaviour improves or he could come back and see him ridden and if he can see anything he could nerve block his suspentorys but given that he is sound as a pound it is highly unlikely that is the problem.

So while I pondered on those options over the weekend I have schooled him twice and he has been as good as gold and worked lovely :rolleyes: Blinkin horses :laugh:

Aww Loki must have just wanted to be prodded by the vet :wub:

Ended up going to the dressage this morning as my YO was doing her first ever test on her baby horse. She was really nervous, so I went to cheer her on. Anyway, after her test I asked if there was anything I could do to help, and was given the job of working out percentages and places!!! I did find it really useful though as you can see the judges comments, and see where people most commonly go wrong.

The women organising it were really grateful for my help, as they had been let down by other people who said they would help, so they were singing my praises to everyone :biggrin: They also told me they are running a clinic with a judge where you get to sit in the car with the judge and watch out for common mistakes with them, they also teach you how to ride circles properly and how to rectify other common mistakes. It was well worth getting up at 7.30 for, they even fed me :biggrin:

Jeanne, light seat is as gooster explained, also helps balance.

Good lessons just leave you on a high, good boy Blue and glad you enjoyed your dressage morning.

Glad vet didn’t find anything serious with Loki, always something to worry about though

Lesson on Friday was on Trooper, started off in the school with raised trotting poles then went out to the field and then finished off going in and out of the water jump and hacked back. Was fun.

Yesterday I was on Boysie, short hack then flatwork in school.

After our lesson we went to watch the local showjumping, large scary jumps and a few falls.

Just sent a message to the woman I am supposed to be buying the trailer from. Have found one on eBay that looks ok, and it's local so I can see it before I buy. Only small issue is that it's a ifor 510, and I only really need a 505 as blue is only 14.1, but other than that it looks ok.

Have also just bought a new saddle - went for an ideal Jessica with suede seat and knee rolls. Am keeping everything crossed the woman gets it in the post today so I can have it for tomorrow, cos I am also an impatient pants :laugh:

:laugh: fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow!

Can we see a linky to the trailer, coz as well as being an impatient pants I am also nosey :D

EAD you sound like you have so much variety in your lessons, no wonder they have such happy content horses for you to ride :flowers:

I am off to dressage on grass on Sunday, haven't done a test on grass for nearly 2 years, almost long enough to forget the *ahem* control issues we normally have on grass :dry: .

Doing a rain dance as not liking the ground at the moment, was supposed to be doing a showjump class too but not confident we are going to get enough rain before then so only doing dressage, bit of a trek for just one class but need a practise before the ODE following weekend, how quick has that come round :ohmy:

Half halts go out the window when we are jumping, and Loki thinks dressage boards are jumps :laugh:

Nice trailer, only thing I would say is that it doesn't say what floor it has and looking at the pics it reminds me of my last trailer which was quite old and it had wooden floor, we replaced the floor with an ali floor bought from Ifor Williams and to be honest it was a much nicer and solid trailer then the newer 510 I have now. May be wrong but just worth checking :flowers:

Hope your trailer search goes well :) The first bit of jumping i did with milo after our sponsored ride was a disaster, he just tanked into the jumps and wouldnt listen at all - the little darling!! So this week weve done lots of trotting poles, lungeing and listening excercises. Not sure whats happened but his right bend is just not happening so will have to work on that :P Tried to put milo in with the two new horses this morning, didnt go well, the kicks were flying, i got too pannicy and pulled him out...will have to try again in the week :(

Aww milo, hope the introductions go well next time!

Messaged the seller and the trailer has a wooden floor, although he did say he's be prepared to drop the price if I was interested. Am not 100% sure, but I think the other one I was going to get has a wooden floor :unsure:

Can you remember how much a new floor was for yours?

I think it was around £200 but my OH fitted it himself. If you call your local Ifor Williams dealer they will be able to give you an idea of the costs :flowers:

Nothing wrong with having a wooden floor as long as it is sound. We had a bit of a scare with ours as when we bought it we checked it thoroughly and it looked fine, but within a month we found rotten bits around the edge.

I think the older models are far nicer and if you can get a good quote for the floor then don't let it put you off. We only got rid of our old one as it was also wooden sided and that had started to rot too and the cost of replacing it was expensive, to be honest I wish we had gone to that expense as the trailer was much better quality than the newer models :rolleyes: