UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

You are all very kind - he was a quirky boy, but you just had to admire him :rolleyes: I have been so touched by messages and texts from people that never even met thim. Each has brought a lump to my throat. And he will be very chuffed to see so many people thinking of him :)

I always said that when he chose to depart this world he would do it in the most awkward place imagineable and he proved me right :)

The only good thing is that this all happened before his beloved Bonnie was taken away, so at least he hadn't gone through that trauma. She left about an hour later - fate? I have not been round to their field today as it will look so empty.

I would like to say that Nemo wouldn't want all this attention - but he would have loved it!! :laugh:

Thank again everyone - very much appreciated.

So sorry about Benitos Freya :GroupHug:

The only good thing is that this all happened before his beloved Bonnie was taken away, so at least he hadn't gone through that trauma. She left about an hour later - fate?

Fate can be a cruel friend sometime. :mecry:

We all know that our animals 'know' things. Perhaps this was the only way Nemo knew he could stay with his beloved Bonnie, so he left his mortal body behind so his spirit could be with her, and watch over her always.

Until the time comes for them to gallop together in the pastures of the Summerlands.

:GroupHug:

Fate can be a cruel friend sometime. :mecry:

We all know that our animals 'know' things. Perhaps this was the only way Nemo knew he could stay with his beloved Bonnie, so he left his mortal body behind so his spirit could be with her, and watch over her always.

Until the time comes for them to gallop together in the pastures of the Summerlands.

:GroupHug:

Thats such a lovely thought Sarah, made me :mecry:

Lovely to think of Nemo watching over Bonnie.

I'm so so sorry Jen :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

Run Free Nemo :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Blue has been having fun recently. I've been doing lots of work abroad recently, and my cousin and other friend have been feeding Blue whilst I have been away (as he was still living out). On my last trip, I get a phonecall from my cousin asking if I wanted the good news or the bad news - the good news was that he hadn't ripped his rug (which has been his latest favourite activity, along with getting stuck in his rug :wacko: ). The bad news was that he was hopping lame :rolleyes: She brought him in, and gave him a big feed and haynet and kept him in on box rest till I got back. He'd lost a bit of weight over the past few weeks as there is no grass left in the summer field now, so I've had to start bringing him in at night. He's such a big wuss, the other day he was only out for about 5 hours and he was stood at the gate waiting to come back in :rolleyes:

I'm so very sorry Jen :GroupHug: :GroupHug: Run free, Nemo :wub: :wub:

Frant's lump is apparently nothing more siniister than an old injury which has flared up - it's full of fluid so the prognosis is that he needs to work to remove all the excess swelling I'm sure he'll be thrilled with that :laugh:

Frant's lump is apparently nothing more siniister than an old injury which has flared up - it's full of fluid so the prognosis is that he needs to work to remove all the excess swelling I'm sure he'll be thrilled with that :laugh:

Not as thrilled as you are I'm sure! :D

How is Blue now Jayne? :GroupHug:

He seems ok, not ridden him since I got back, just been letting him rest. Am hopefully hacking him out tonight with my cousin. He has lost quite a bit of weight, so have changed him onto a conditioning mix, added oil, vitamins and really bulked out the amount of food he gets. Have bought him a haybar as well, as he wasn't eating his hay out of his net. :rolleyes:

Glad Frant's lump isn't anything sinister :flowers:

Hi guys

My Names Helen I'm pretty new to the forum, I thought this was a good place to introduce my Horse to everyone, I've been trying to catch up on all the pages of this thread its soooo big I've only made is so far to around pg 30ish :wacko:

I'm sorry about the recent sad news of nemo, you must be heartbroken.

Introducing Solo

solosigcopy.jpg

solo-1.gif

He is an 11year old Dun welsh cob X he has been with me for 8years now, in the past we have competed at horseball, showjumping and crosscountry.

but due to a lack of pennies and transport, we only hack, have lessons together and play around at parelle natural horsemanship.

hes a cheeky monster and will do anything for a polo.

Helen

Hi Helen welcome to the thread :wavey:

Solo is very handsome :wub: Loving his ickle pink nose, although I may be a little biased :laugh: Do you have to cover him in sun cream in the summer?

Looking forward to regular updates and of course photos are compulsory :laugh:

Phew that is great news Angel, also great she passed the vetting :laugh: :D

Glad Blue to okay, and Frant's lump is nothing to worry about :flowers:

Loki was a sod to ride this morning :rolleyes: