UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Well done Apple and Katherine :partytime: :circle: :partytime:

Get well soon for the poorly horses :flowers: :GroupHug:

Ours are a bit squity at the moment, we put it down to the wet grass with all the rain we've had the ground is sodden already and its only September :rolleyes:

Loki is back to normal in himself, hacked him out last night and he felt great :biggrin: He is having a visit from the McTimoney lady on Friday as he seems to be benefiting hugely from monthly visits, although the bank balence isn't :laugh: , and then he will have a week off whilst I am away :)

Jacky how did the jumping lesson go on Friday?

Thank you very much everybody, still haven't quite taken it all in!!!

Have you thought of entering the VHS showing classes? The finalists get to compete at Olympia.

That would seem like a sensible plan - except that he is a complete prat trying to work him in a group - so showing is a bit of a no go area with him, he tends to spend more time on 2 legs than 4!!!

Hope all the poorly horses feel better soon :GroupHug:

Jacky how did the jumping lesson go on Friday?

Oh good thanks. I seriously need some balance though!!! We didn't do alot of actual jumping, poor Kane was on his knee's by the end and I was abit John Wayne after as well!!! :laugh: :laugh: Instructor said that he's got huge potential...and I will need to work very hard to keep up with him!!! :rolleyes: There is a 'possibility' he'll be going hunting when the season starts, I'm still not ready to do it but someone on the yard wants to go and his horse isn't up to it, so he's asked if he can take Kane! I'm not 100% sure but I know Kane will love it so need to think about it.

Watched some JumpCross on the tv the other night, I really really really want to try it!! The intro group looks ideal for me!! :biggrin:

Update on himself - he's out of isolation (although we're still washing hands after handling him) I got to lead him down the lane for a bit of excercise today - he is such a sweetie - his Mum calls him a gelding with balls :)

What is it about the smell of stables, it gets right in your nose and stays there for hours, it's as good as lavender for making me feel all is right with the world :)

Glad the jumping lesson went well Jacky, I know the feeling of having to try and keep up with your horses ability :rolleyes: :laugh:

Continued get well wishes to himself :flowers:

I luff Haffys, I demand pictures on arrival :biggrin:

I think I am going to have to clip Loki when I get back from hols next week, he is suddenly very hairy, and he has been rugged for the last few weeks, I wonder if that means a cold winter ahead :unsure:

Just catching up, Loki and you are looking fab Clare! I sneaked a look at your other videos as I'm at home and access to youtube!

congratulations Apple and Katharine!

How is Kane doing now?

we've just had one of the grass liveries worm count done and its pretty high apparently so am getting my two done.

Lesson tomorrow afternoon so lets hope for dry weather! am doing ground work as I need to go back to some basics with Easta and teach her lateral flexion amoungst other things!

Great video Clare, what a nice x country course, did you use the new bit?

Well done Apple and Katherine, you must be so chuffed!

I like haffys too, such pretty horses.

Good news about the stallion, hope he continues to improve.

Jacky, where are the pictures of the jumping then?

Weather here has been disgusting, arena had standing water and the roads are just too dangerous to hack with huge pools at the sides! Wanda picked a good time to be lame! As she was still about 1/10 lame on a circle on Monday I booked the vet however he could not come until NEXT MONDAY :unsure: Yesterday I decided to check her again and this time lunged her in a big circle, cue handstands, bucky kicky lash out with hing leg and snarly head wags closely followed by bog off flat out. Eventually she decided to trot and was obviously perfectly sound! So it's back to work for Wanda, for such a nice laid back horse she turn into a monster when out of work and can be really evil at times, especially in the field. May clip her soon too, she has a hairy chin, not very ladylike! :biggrin:

:laugh: Sorry no pictures until we both look like we know what we are doing (so never!!) :biggrin:

Glad Wanda is sound again. Seems she needs some work and fast!! :laugh:

Kane is fine thanks Sarah, he's looking a tad on the podgy side after my panics over him looking flea bitten and thin!!! :rolleyes: He's been told now that as I've started paying for haylage his hard feed is being knocked right back to a handful to put his supplements in...don't think he believed me last night, he will later when he see's the tiny feed I've prepared!!! :laugh:

He too will be holding a meeting with Mr Clippers in the next few days...he's sweating up very quickly so I'm going to start with a belly and neck, as he's field kept I don't want to take too much off..should be fun as I've never clipped him before!!! :ohmy:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: to all the poorly horses out there!

We should have been going to a show this weekend, I'd entered absolute beginners jumping, novice showing, show hunter pony and hunter type in hand. Because of the cacky weather though it's been cancelled :mecry:

Remember how I said my cousin's OH took some pics of me on Blue ages ago? I finally got them off him :biggrin:

Me looking quite calm before jumping

me-1.jpg

Me jumping big scary jump :rolleyes:

meandbluejumping.jpg

Me still alive at the end of it :biggrin:

meandblue1.jpg

I know what you mean about the horsey smell, I have got one of Blue's rugs in the garage and it smells lovely in there now (not sure the rest of the family agree though :laugh: )

We just lost a foal down here. Vet was called one evening, foal rushed to Bristol Vets Hospital at midnight, Foal died, VERY high worm count even tho she had been wormed regularly on a proper programme. Vet school said they have seen a sharp rise in wormers not killing the worms this year :mecry: