UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

:wub: :wub: Rolo looks stunning!! He is a chunky monkey isn't he!!??

Poor Feniks. :GroupHug:

I'm with you Jayne, I spent over £100 at Robinson's sale on thursday!! :rolleyes:

I love my Myler bit Clare, but I'm not sure it would suit Loki cos I think we've discussed it before haven't we? We're hopefully having someone from Neue Schule coming to do a presentation thingy soon, which will be interesting. I'd like to change Kane's bit as I don't think he needs the Myler's strength that often anymore. I know Sandra might disagree and say he's still very strong but he's being alot less bullish with me recently. :laugh: Well done staying on during his naughtyness...that's the problem with them getting fitter!!! :laugh:

Haven't done much this weekend, not really had my heart in it. Couldn't get to the show Sunday morning but when I arrived in the afternoon my horses stable was empty!!! :ohmy: Wandered upto the show field and there he was...standing in the ring!!! Andrea who has ridden him before decided as his feathers were very white (I'd cleaned them the day before cos he'd got greasy heels) that she'd enter him!! Apparently he'd been a complete thug all morning, and nearly knocked her out by trying to push her over! And I have to say he was appauling in the ring, he didn't want to be there!!! Luckily it's the last show of the season so I've said to her she's welcome to keep working on showing skills with him but if he doesn't improve over the winter I don't want him doing it next year as he obviously doesn't enjoy it.

Personally I don't find showing very interesting either so I've booked a jumping lesson (a proper basic lesson cos I want to re-learn how to jump correctly...not just my aim and hold on technique) and I'm really going to try and get going with that as we both enjoy that.

Aww poor Feniks :GroupHug:

I think Kane is a very sensible boy for not liking showing :laugh:

I really liked the Myler bit I had, but they just don't fit him! 5" was too small, and 5.5" caused problems as it was too big and he learnt to move it around, wish they did qtr sizes.

PW, he is in a NS Team Up bit which is basically a loose ring snaffle with a peanut. They have advised a Universal bit, sounds like it is the natural thing to progress to, it is not a harsh bit, but at around £70 I can't decided whether it is worth the risk or not :rolleyes:

I could get a similar type for £20, but the rings on the NS bit are positioned differently to stop too much pressure on the lips.

Okay here is the NS one Universal Ref 8023u

and here is something similar but the rings are positioned conventionally but a lot less money! Three ring gag

Is Heather coming out from NS Jacky? I have been speaking to her on the phone and she sounds really nice, her document on biting is so interesting and easy to understand :)

The universal bit is great, I have used them on a couple of horses that have got a bit strong for a standard snaffle, the only thing to watch is that I'm not sure if they are allowed for dressage? might be something to check before shelling out the money for it.

No I don't think they are dressage legal, but I think I can still get away with the snaffle for dressage I hope that won't change :unsure:

As I have found nothing but positive reviews on the web, HH forum and now KM I have taken the plunge. Beans on toast for me for the next four weeks :laugh:

Not kept up with everyone but I was up in Derby at the weekend and went to the yard with Sarah :biggrin:

Here's the gorgeous Easta:

EastaB1.jpg

And with Sarah in the school

EastaB2.jpg

EastaB5.jpg

Sarah let me ride Easta - definitely more oomph than the riding school horses I'm used too :laugh:

EastaB4.jpg

Mizz Bradders, Rolo is beautiful :flowers: could you not try breaking him to drive?, can you imagine.. oohhhhhh

Unfortunately I can imagine - which is why he will not be doing it just yet!! :laugh: :laugh: Think we would be seeing the countryside at high speed!

Think he would be brilliant to drive in a few years time - when he has grown up a bit and seen more of the world.

Thanks for all your kind comments about him - little monkey rubbed his mane last week and has "pulled" the chestnut bit - probably my fault, it was getting a bit greasy and I probably should have washed it - but isn't it typical, I decide to finally put him up for sale and he pulls the cloured bit of his mane out!

Am hoping that he will go to either a dressage or a showing home - he would excel at dressage - as long as the judge isn't biased against his sort. :) He started jumping this summer too - will never be a puissance horse, but has a lovely big jump and is careful. :)

Poor Feniks - hope he is feeling better soon :GroupHug:

Kane made me smile Jacky - am with him on this showing lark - a bit too nit picky for my liking!

Easta is looking great as always - be lovely to see Newt too.

Clare, have you tried a bit bank? I found one a few months ago - will have a look when I get home to see if I can find it again. I have a couple of pelhams that you would be most welcome to try, but I think that all mine are 5.5 inches.

That looks a nice sort of bit Clare, I'll be interested in how you find it. T'is a tad pricey innit! :laugh:

Wanda has got her wish to spend money again but this time it's a have to. Her lightweight turnout has failed and she was wet to her knickers this morning poor girl, off out to buy her a new one tomorrow!

Easta is looking lovely Sarah, what's the fluffy thing on the bridle?

Easta is looking lovely Sarah, what's the fluffy thing on the bridle?

Its a shoo fly

A horse hair tassle essentially that helps shoo away flies! She has one that hangs off the throat lash as well but I didn't put it on. Its attached to the end of my reins.

:biggrin: