UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Lady T says you can have a cuddle and a ride when you visit Mog. :) She is very kind like that.

Lady T was very sad this morning, 'apparently' a herd of naughty elephants invaded her field during the night and knocked her gazebo down by bending the legs. It was obviously done by them rubbing very large elephant bottoms up against the legs. As Lady T has such a *cough* sylph-like figure, it really must have been naughty elephants.

She did her 'you are being summoned' whickering, followed by 'the look' to inform us as soon as she saw the curtains being drawn in the bedroom this morning. By the time Paul was down the stairs, she was showing it was not good enough by just shoving her head under the part she could get in! Followed by coming out again to see if he was looking, and then shoving her head back again to prove her point! :wacko:

Lady T is happy again now because Daddy fixed her gazebo, and gave her extra treats to make up for the distress caused by naughty elephants. She showed she was very pleased by rolling on her back in front of him, and farting letting off delicate little Love Puffs. :biggrin:

Tara has been a little star over the past couple of days. She knows I've been upset and has been extra cuddly and sweet. We had a lovely ride out with Lindsey yesterday, thank you Linds. :)

We have been working very hard on our Hoofwork To Music routine.... :rolleyes: :biggrin: Lindsey had a little demo the other day. LOL!

I lufffffsss my horsey. :wub: I may even have painted her own treat jar with her on it. :rolleyes:

I have just read this to a colleeeeege and could not speak as I was laughing so much. She did not get why I thought it was so funny. Absolutly PMSL. Thank you soooo much for that I needed a really good laugh. :flowers:

I have just read this to a colleeeeege and could not speak as I was laughing so much. She did not get why I thought it was so funny. Absolutly PMSL. Thank you soooo much for that I needed a really good laugh. :flowers:

Lady T says you are very welcome. :biggrin:

My horsey isn't spoilt much...

treats02.jpg

treats01.jpg

treats03.jpg

Wow what an impressive treat jar, Loki is very jelous :biggrin:

Went xc schooling this morning, I am a very proud mum :wub: It was quite a long journey, and he handled it really well.

Not sure what I was expecting but certainly not after warming up over a log, being told to start over a line of three fences that neither of us had seen before :huh: They were a bit bigger than I was expecting too :ohmy: Twas a bit in at the deep end, but I guess it was a xc clinic, I just thought there would be more hand holding being in the baby class :laugh:

I couldn't believe he jumped the line, was a bit sticky but more me wanting to jump out of trot than him. After that both our confidence grew, and we had a ball :biggrin:

Wasn't too sure about the water to start with but seemed to enjoy it after that :laugh:

Here is the video

and some pics

Warming up

DSCN1472.JPG

Arty shot :rolleyes:

DSCN1473.JPG

Yeehaa

Galloping%20pic.JPG

Dropping into the water

DSCN1492.JPG

DSCN1493.JPG

Great video and pictures Clare, he is showing such potential! Do you compete XC yet?

I tried my flexi reins tonight, wow what a difference! Wanda is a bit of a lazy moo when schooling and does like to lean on my hands. It's really hard to make her carry herself but the reins gave her such a shock when she tried to hang on me, I didn't have to keep flicking her up with the schooling whip and she stopped running onto her forehand, she felt a different horse! They were expensive but so far are great! I wonder what they would be like for jumping, that's when Wanda turns into a different horse and becomes a super charged power pack! :laugh:

Just popped in to see how you were all doing. Claire - brilliant pictures and video.

Have been to the yard a couple of times with Caroline who owns Nippy so I got to see Dexter. He went away to family at the beginning of July to be ridden by the kids through the summer holiday. It will be great for him. He will have lots to do and hopefully some sort of consistent routine. Didnt get to say goodbye though. :( I have my doubts that he will be back.

Nice to 'see' you back Bobbysmum. I was wandering how Dexter was getting on, hopefully the temporary place will provide him more of the attention he needs. :GroupHug:

I need to have a self indulgent moment again!! Decided to take his nibs for a quick little hack round the fields last night, went up the drive and the gate to the road was open (it's usually closed at all times) so Kane decided he wanted to go adventuring!! So we turned left out the drive and pottered up the road somewhere we've never been before.....then he decided he'd quiet like to turn left again up a little lane....so we went...me thinking any moment he'll panic himself and try and turn home....BUT he didn't and we carried on a lovely little circuit (I did know we were able to join up with one of the estate fields off this lane) and had a perfect hours hack just me and him chatting away (well me chatting and him listening!) I didn't have to get off except to open a gate, and he didn't nap once!!! He had his head high and was really forward going, I think he really really enjoyed himself!! I was nearly in tears by the time we got back, I'm so bloody proud of him. For a boy who was terrified of his own shadow he's becoming everything I dreamed of. :mecry: