UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

RSPCA inspector rang me back. The horse is known to them and apparantly the owner is working with the vet to try and keep the pony going. Surely it should be stabled though - its feet look slightly overgrown certainly doesnt look like pony has seen farrier recently. The inspector is going to contact the owner again and go out to the field but thinks the pony will need to be pts :(

I would contact the ILPH too - they are far more tuned in to equine welfare - I reported a pony that was in a terrible state to the RSPCA - as with you, they were already aware of the pony, but I felt that they were taking the owner a little too much at face value, if you get my drift.

Sounds like this chap does need to have an end put to his suffering ASAP, one way or another. :(

Tonight I am like this ------> :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Found some old prelim dressage tests, so memorised one of them and was determined to try riding it on Blue. Got to yard, tacked him up and went into the school, was warming up, when Kath said she had to go to her parents house on the way home, and that I'd be fine. Walked, trotted and cantered him on both reins, and then had a go at the test. We had slight issues going into the corners, and going from canter into trot into walk, and our centre line was quite wonky, but for a first go, I was really pleased with both of us :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: We cantered lots and I was really relaxed :biggrin:

Well done Jayne :biggrin:

Hope you get more luck with the ILPH Phoenix, agree with Bradders they are much more effective than RSPCA :flowers:

New saddle is lovely :biggrin: Although sadly I think Loki is feeling his bad foot again, will put him on the lunge tonight but expect he will turn out to be lame on a circle :( My vet did warn me that the longer the shoe is on the less effective it will be, and he is due to be shod on Saturday, so hopefully it is just a temporary setback :)

Don't forget pics of Fenik's new haircut :biggrin:

Don't forget pics of Fenik's new haircut :biggrin:

Photos will have to wait until tomorrow as Feniks only has just over half a clip :rolleyes: Right side is a beautiful blanket clip, but left side is just a patch cut out :rolleyes: The clippers packed in :wacko: Luckily we are able to borrow another set tomorrow for him to be finished. He looks a right idiot :laugh:

The clippers packed in :wacko: Luckily we are able to borrow another set tomorrow for him to be finished. He looks a right idiot :laugh:

Oooh I can sympathise the same happened to me at the weekend, I was just finishing the first side and they started to play up, so being dim I thought I would see if it was any better the other side :wacko: I took a strip out of his neck and then they died completely :rolleyes: I had to pay someone to finish him off a few days later as Loki couldn't take the teasing :laugh:

Put him on the lunge tonight and he seems sound, I may have been a bit paranoid :laugh:

I made a new rule at the yard today that Feniks was only to be viewed from the right hand side :laugh:

Hope Loki is on the road to recovery now Clare, and that 2008 will be a better year health wise for him :flowers:

Can we have some more pics posted from everyone please?

14.jpg

:biggrin:

Well done Jayne, that's fantastic. :flowers:

Poor Loki hope he's okay.

We've got a 'caravan' person bringing her horse to stay over the summer and she said he's her ace dressage horse, so she's agreed to give me some dressage lessons in exchange for me showing her the best hacks! I'm not interested in showing but think it will help with Kane's attention (and mine) and help with our moving forwards plan!!! She's also going to help with me getting him out more...although on sunday he walked out the drive and half way up the road on his own....I actually had to turn him back cos he was going the wrong way and the others were waiting!! Thought it was a huge step though for him to now only walk out alone but to walk in the opposite direction on his mates!!

Good boy Kane :wub: that is great progress Jacky you must be really proud of him :flowers:

I love that photo :biggrin:

Can anyone recommend cheapy jods that are soft and comfy :) I am very near to an embarrassing incident if I don't get myself a new pair but am broke, and wearing cycling shorts under jods is not too comfy :laugh:

I love that photo :biggrin:

Me too :)

tescos seem to have some cheap jods in at the mo - not tried them tho so no idea if they are comfy :)

Anything left in the Robinson's sale? I got some rather nice clarino seat show jods reduced to £19 - (I have all the kit now - just lack the inclination!! :laugh: )

If all else fails why not try Ebay

How about patchign your jods - you could start a trend? :D

aw i love hairy ponies! RSPCA inspector phoned me yesterday to let me know that the pony had been taken into the vets by its owners for treatment so thats good :)

thats good.

Took my son back to Uni in York yesterday. Unpacked his stuff and caught a bus into York. Passed a field with 2 ponies in. They were on chains. Couldnt see any access to water. When we came back I looked again and still couldnt see any water. There were people with them feeding them but I dont know if they were owners or people that were passing through the field as there seemed to be a path across the field. Is it acceptable to chain them? :(