UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

OK, OK!

My friend Karen breeds part-bred Spanish horses, last year she bought Mariquita, the bay PRE mare in the photo, who was already in foal to a PRE stallion called Lengueto V.

Karen and I always joked that if the resulting foal was bay and a colt he would be mine. Soooooooooo...

Last weekend Mariquita produced a beautiful, bay baby boy!

Sooooooooooooooooooo.....

HE IS MINE!!!!!

I so wanted a bay Baroque Boy and Little Chap (he has not got a name yet) is exactly what I ordered!

Awww congratulations Mist, he is lovely :biggrin: You are going to be very busy with two youngsters to educate!

Cueva is doing really, really well! I am soooooooo proud of her we have been doing clicker training and she is just brilliant. Little Chap has similar breeding to Cueva, and his daddy is a dressage horse who has produced Champion babies. More importantly both Mariquita and Lengueto have fabulous temperaments. Karen also owns Mariquita's half brother Espiritu who Dolly went to. Espiritu is a really laid back kind of chap, very cuddly and sweet natured.

So now I have my Spanish Stud - need to finalise my breeder's registration...

Awww - congratulations Mist :biggrin:

Glad to hear that Cueva is coming on so nicely too.

Good luck with the move Phoenix - and I hope that the horse works out too.

I don't know anyone that is looking at the moment but if I hear I will pass on the details of the filly - she sounds very sweet - Good Luck with her

Wanda is looking lovely! :)

Think that was everyone!!

I am chuffed to bits with Rolo - I washed all of him this morning, with the horse shower - he was fantastic - even the dreaded legs!! I only used shampoo on his tail as I was expecting him to be a plonker and did not want to have to do battle to get shampoo off all of him, but he let me put the shower all over him (he was a bit anxious, but nothing major). I know it sounds something minor - but his legs are a huge issue for him - and it is the first time that he has let me shower all of him - and he didn't roll when I turned him out!! :laugh:

I am chuffed to bits with Rolo - I washed all of him this morning, with the horse shower - he was fantastic - even the dreaded legs!! I only used shampoo on his tail as I was expecting him to be a plonker and did not want to have to do battle to get shampoo off all of him, but he let me put the shower all over him (he was a bit anxious, but nothing major). I know it sounds something minor - but his legs are a huge issue for him - and it is the first time that he has let me shower all of him - and he didn't roll when I turned him out!! :laugh:

....and the photos are???????

I have just been to look at a German riding stables. The army one on camp I am not overly happy with. The people are nice, but the standard of instruction I am not very impressed with.

The German yard is very nice indeed, it was recommended to us by one of Steve's workmates (his family ride there). The YO speaks very good English, and there are a few English who ride there too. Anyway, Darryl, Lauren and I are booked in for assessments on Friday :biggrin: Not going to cancel lessons yet on camp, but I hope this works out. I have been feeling that my level of riding has not improved since I left Cyprus.

Good boy Rolo :biggrin:

Good luck with the assessement on Friday, the stables sounds promising :flowers:

Hope the horse share works out when you move Phoenix :jumpy:

I had my lesson on Syd the simulator today. It was really good and definately worth while, if not in the areas I was expecting it to. My canter and sitting trot was fine on the well balenced Syd :laugh: But my general leg position got a good overhall and looking forward to getting on Loki tomorrow and putting it into practise.

Good boy Rolo :biggrin:

Good luck with the assessement on Friday, the stables sounds promising :flowers:

Hope the horse share works out when you move Phoenix :jumpy:

I had my lesson on Syd the simulator today. It was really good and definately worth while, if not in the areas I was expecting it to. My canter and sitting trot was fine on the well balenced Syd :laugh: But my general leg position got a good overhall and looking forward to getting on Loki tomorrow and putting it into practise.

Oohhhh babies!!!!! Misty how cute, I must not look at foal pictures I already have 3 horses I don't need any more!!

I hope the assesment goes well, you'll have to keep us up dated!!

Clare, it soulds like the stimulator lesson went well. May be they will let me sway Kai for one!!! :biggrin: I rode her on Wednesday and I couldn't do aything with her, something had obviously happened to spook her earlier in the day and she was completely uncontrolable, couldn't get her to go any where near the bottom of the field. It took my 20m minutes just to get there. So I got off and lunged her, for a horse who is a doddle to lunge she kept spinning in the other direction, wouldn't go forward then cantered for nearly half an hour before she calmed down. I rode her in the same corner on Friday at least I could get her to move, she kept trying to run off up the field, but we did have some nice moments!! I took her out Saturday and today. I took her on the roads which is where we have the worse napping. I haven't been able to get her out there without getting off and walking her for about 3 months. TShe had a strop both times, but she is sussing out much quicker that I am going to keep her facing away from home until she goes and she went on fine. This morning, apart from a pony club kicking moment she went really well. We have been having lots of fun in the fields on the way back doing lots oftrot and cantering and had out first gallop!! :biggrin:

I am glad Kai is yours!! I would be a gibbering wreck by now!!

The simulator thing sounds worthwhile - this is going to be a bad month financially (new saddle, car repair, various vets bills and South of England Show :rolleyes: ), but may well consider it next month.

Think Rolo is at last beginning to trust me a little - when I got up there this mornign he was flat out on the stable floor - fast asleep :) This is not that unusual so I went and did Nemo and generally pottered about then went back to Rolo - still asleep :) . Normally, he gets up if I go to open the door, but today he just lay there. I went in and knelt infront of him and at one point he rested his head on my knee :wub: I then got up and stroked all down his back - fully expecting him to get up - he didn't. He followed me with his ears, but that was it. I sat with him for a good 5 mins, then went for another potter about. When I next checked him about 15 mins later he was up and eating his hay - then he was a really good boy in the lunge too! :)

It's the little things in life!

Awww Bradders that sounds a lovely moment with Rolo, and a successful lunging session too, isn't it just great when everything comes together, I always wish I could bottle it up to use when things don't go so well :laugh:

Yikes Millesmum you are one brave lady! Hope Kai settles down again soon :flowers:

I had a nice weekend with Loki. On Saturday we hacked with a lady at the yard who has been having some problems with her horse bolting out hacking, no one else will hack with her to help sort the problem, so I volunteered. We got the whole way round without incident and then we met a horse box on our narrow drive, we pulled to the side but the lorry had to go through the trees and made a noise, which upset them, Loki generally does his scared on the spot bobbing but it was the excuse the other horse had been looking for and off he went, but not far thankfully and Loki stayed where I wanted him so I was pleased. Isn't that always sods law though, we had such a good ride and the other horse was buckle end all relaxed and we happen to see a lorry, which is about a 100 to 1 chance!

On Sunday I took Loki out on his own so we could up the pace a bit, he was either a bit unsettled from hacking with snorty spooky horse the day before, or more likely I think, he was feeling very well with himself :rolleyes: as we had only walked the day before. He was on his toes but good fun, there is a long sandy strench of track called the canter track and he likes to spook at all the logs and puddles and stuff along it so we trotted down it, circling every time he spooked (it took some time :laugh: ) and then continued around the block towards home, but he was still full of himself by the time I was about to head for home so I turned down the canter track again and this time zipped along at a brisk canter through all the puddles, he had one spook so we stopped and did that bit again, and then headed home, he was still bouncing along :rolleyes:

As his "punishment" for knackering me out he had a bath, his first one which he quite enjoyed, well he liked the shampooing bit, I think he would have prefered warm water being the delicate flower he is.

Then I couldn't put it off any longer I HAD to start practising plaiting :mecry: I hate it and am very bad at it :laugh: Poor Loki will be laughed at on Sunday :mecry:

Oh bugger! :angry: Everyone is having such fun with their neddies and I still can't ride! I'm going to have another go this afternoon and am NOT expecting problems, that is NOT expecting problems! :unsure: The main difficulty is that I get such an explosion of pain sort of anywhere in the knee it's impossible to carry on, I'm told I have to have a knee replacement anyway! Bugger Bugger Bugger!!!!

My niece took Wanda to the dressage yesterday and when we went for her score sheet we couldn't get it until the last rider had finished as niece (Kate) was in the top four! :biggrin: Anyway she ended up fifth and just out of the rosettes but when we looked at her scores she had been given a 4 for wrong canter lead, corrected and then broke! I have the whole test on video and she didn't, so even if the canter had been poor she would have at least got a 5 which would have put her 3rd, if it had been a six which is what she got for the other rein canter she would have been 2nd! As she said, even though she is a novice at all this she would have known if Wanda was on the wrong leg which she never does anyway! Oh well, the joys of unafilliated dressage, it would have been nice if she had got her proper placing though!

Obe, Wanda's best buddy was very naughty again and turned into thug of the week, left the arena twice, bucked and spooked and generally hoolied around, when he does settle (when) he will be amazing but maybe not this year! How Sam stays on those bucks I'll never know, they are HUGE!