UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How Does It Compare To Marmite?

ReikiAnge

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh it tastes NOTHING like Marmite.

You know that look that comes over Americans when you've tricked treated them to Marmite on toast?

That's what vegemite is like.

It came from down under and it should be banished to down under like wot prisoners used to.

[PS no Americans were harmed in any experimental Marmite exercises during my youth] :unsure:

But is it an acquired taste like soya milk?

I realised recently that Marmite is made by Unilever the norty animal testing company and so don't want to buy anymore once I've finished what we have - though we do still have two jars for some reason so I have a while to go.

Not too sure about the grit though :unsure:

No no no no no no no

You never acquire a taste for Vegemite. You buy a jar (which is TINY i should add, not like our lovely HUUUGE marmite jars) which stays in the cupboard forever cos no-one within the vicinity of England eats it after one try. But you can't throw it out because it sits and glares at the Marmite pretending to be better and somehow never goes away. it's evil, I swear.

*wanders back in to assure the planet that her cupboards do actually get cleared out once a year. Ish *

Edited by Sherlock Bones

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was hoping to hear from some Vegemite fans but that plans not going so well is it :rolleyes:

Ange

I prefer Ozzie Vegemite ( not the export stuff you get over here which although its made in Oz tastes slighty differant )

I buy my direct from the land down under and if I run out I get it from the Australia Shop in London

its not gritty :rolleyes: its a more solid consistancy than Marmite and the only thing it has in common with Marmite is that its made from yeast

I don't like Marmite but tried Vegemite when I was in Australia and liked it as its not as strong as Marmite

Sam

P.s if you prefer a slightly more liquidly spread you can also buy Vegemite in tubes ( called travel packs ) I don't think you can get them in the UK

vegemite%20tube.jpg

No comparison!

It's like asking us to choose between jam and marmalade!

HAS to be Marmite.

Vegemite just occupies precious Marmite storing space, while you wonder how to use it up.

Surprised no-one's brought Bovril into any of these discussions yet :laugh: or have I missed it?

But is it an acquired taste like soya milk?

I realised recently that Marmite is made by Unilever the norty animal testing company and so don't want to buy anymore once I've finished what we have - though we do still have two jars for some reason so I have a while to go.

Not too sure about the grit though :unsure:

We are not buying marmite either due to the EVIL that is Unilever who make it.

To be honest it is slightly different. I have not noticed it being gritty. The only thing to do is to try it for yourself.