UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Killing Field Of The Dog Industry

Brindlebabe

Totally agree Cindy and once again when concrete plans are in place I think we need a list of all MP's who have responded positively. We have had a postivie response via Gap from one of the Welsh Assembly members who deals with Wales West and this both has a track and a port taking ferries to and from Ireland so again a useful avenue. Other parties have shown interest. Disappointed so far at the lack of response from my own MP who I know has always called for welfare reforms within the industry.

That's great news Lisa. I had no response what so ever.

Cindy

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My MP has responded to say he will look into the matter and get back to me, which he will, he has on other animal welfare issues.

Mel posted a link here to an Early Day Motion, just in case anyone hasn't noticed it.

Cindy, did you email your MP? Lots of emails get lost/dumped as spam etc so it might be worth re-sending, posting a letter etc. though I guess as they "break up" next week, they're all going to be pretty busy right now.

:laugh: Okay I lied ive just had this back but not actually from our member of parliament. As I had heard from her I got pro active and emailed other local MP's who dont have parliamentary weight but thought they may be able to help get our points across and he is going to email her again himself outlining that we have a point ...

Lisa

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. As a Stoke

Councillor I can not raise a question in Parliament but I can forward your

message to our local MP Joan Walley, who has that power, or possible

alternatives.

I will also give my support to the points you raise.

Best Regards

Neil

I've just managed to finally finish my email to my MP and get it off today. Last time I contacted him I got no response at all, and I think that may have been because it sounded too much like a standard campaigning sort of cut and paste, so I have been carefully trying to write something very personalised this time.

If he doesn't respond again, I shall be tempted to send him a 'you stink :moon: '. :glare:

I would like to send a letter to my PM would somebody mind helping me on what to write etc?? Im not very good with letters, have others just shown disgust or stated facts - what have you asked your MPs to do about it??

thanks Kelli

I would like to send a letter to my PM would somebody mind helping me on what to write etc?? Im not very good with letters, have others just shown disgust or stated facts - what have you asked your MPs to do about it??

thanks Kelli

Going straight to the top then Kelli? :cool:

Hi Kelli,

Here is what I sent, I plaguerised it from someone else's letter as a guideline and added my own bits as well..... hope it helps...

Dear

I am sure that by now you are aware of the reports in the newspapers

originally printed in the Sunday Times of the Slaughter of 10,000

racing Greyhounds carried out by Mr David Smith in Co. Durham. Since

the original printing on Sunday, there have been many news stories on

this issue including Radio phone-ins. I understand that an inquiry is

to be held. As a person who is involved in Greyhound rescue I am

grateful to the Sunday Times for highlighting the horror that these

beautiful creatures had to endure because an industry had finished with

them.

This individuals actions are indefensible, but I have to say that the

Greyhound Racing Industry pretending that it is unaware that this goes on

is unbelievable. The dogs came from registered tracks , running under

NGRC rules, and therefore each and every one of the greyhounds is

traceable back to their owners and trainers. Where do they think the

dogs go to? The Industry turns a blind eye whilst this has gone on for

years.

I am writing to ask you to help with the fight to get Greyhound Racing

Banned, The United Kingdom should stand up and oppose a so called

'sport' which thinks nothing of disposing of a minimum of 10,000 dogs a

year. The true figure I would imagine would truly shock the nation.

Yours sincerely

obviously edit and add to suit yourself, I had a good response :) and I pinched it in the first place.

Just a quick update in case anyone thinks nothing is happening behind the scenes!!

We have now had support pledged from:

Greyhounds in Need (G.I.N)

Tia Greyhound and Lurcher Rescue

Greyhound and Lurcher Rescue and Welfare (GAL)

Members of the Green Party

Northumberlad Greyhound Rescue

Greyhounds For You

Greyhound Muses

I have also received this message of support from France (they will also be sending a deputation to our March):

Hello Vanessa,

Ther french charity Lévriers en Détresse organize a meeting in Paris the July 29th to help the British groups in their fight against the death.

We have the OK of French police and we will give a letter to the British embassador.

We rescue many Irish racing greyhounds and we hope to rehome some British retired greyhounds in next months.

Together we can win !

Best regards

Raymond Audemard

Communication manager

Lévriers en Détresse

The general consensus coming from the rescues is that we are capturing the moment and they are fully supportive of our inclusive approach.

Sam (HLGS), Laura (elricc) and Alicia (kats n greys) are starting work on the permissions so we can provide a date and time a.s.a.p. If anyone has any information that may help please get in touch with them.

Tiff (sniffers) will be setting up an Information Website shortly.