UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

When Things Go Wrong.....with Your Body!

tegk68

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a brain so you couldn't see it :D

Right couldn't find the immediately post op ones ( he has been sent to look for them), so here are a couple hubby just took :)

head2.jpg

head3.jpg

and one so you can see what it looks like with the hearing aid attached

head1.jpg

You can't see it at all when my hair is down :)

I apologise in advance for the dumb question but why do you have a hearing aid implanted to your head??

Not a dumb question :flowers:

I have conductive hearing loss, this means my eardrums are able to hear but sound cannot get to my eardrum via the normal route (ear canals). The implant bypasses (or did cos it's failed now) the ear canals sending the sound directly to the ear drum.

However thanks to mrsa the implant no longer works so i'm waiting to have it removed and will be going on the list for a cochlear implant which is similar but sends the sound directly to the brain instead :)

Not a dumb question :flowers:

I have conductive hearing loss, this means my eardrums are able to hear but sound cannot get to my eardrum via the normal route (ear canals). The implant bypasses (or did cos it's failed now) the ear canals sending the sound directly to the ear drum.

However thanks to mrsa the implant no longer works so i'm waiting to have it removed and will be going on the list for a cochlear implant which is similar but sends the sound directly to the brain instead :)

So sorry to hear you've had mrsa. Fascinating what they have done, and I hope the cochlear implant works for you. :flowers: