UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Abortion

staffymonkey

What do you think?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As the title says. For once, I'm not gonna get on my soapbox, I'd just thought it might be an interesting topic to discuss. I've added a poll in case you'd like to add your opinion without having to post.

Edited to add: Personally, I'm pro choice.

Edited by staffymonkey

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pandora

NORMALLY I'd be pro-life. BUT I've always said I'd not know what I'd do in those circumstances and I wouldn't want to judge anybodies decision. I guess that makes me pro-choice for everybody else and pro-life for myself. :D

But as I've not been pregnant or in the position to make those kinds of decisions, I don't like to judge anybody.

I don't think anyone can judge til they have been there.

It's not something I am comfortable with. I think it is used too much as a method of birth control and I think it is done too late on.

But there are definitely circumstances where it is the lesser of two evils.

I'm pro-choice, but I'm a bit iffy on the upper limit now (not that I do/will judge anyone else on their choice, it is your own personal choice in that situation and no-one can judge you for that.) I have been fortunate to never have had to make that choice, so all I can offer is my own speculation at this point.

Edited by wickychoo

I'm somewhere in between...I find it sickening the amount of people who just use it as another form of contreception (sorry can't spell today!!). A friend of mine came to stay with me in order to go to hospital (away from her home town!!) for an abortion. I wanted to be a supportive friend so of course I was! She only told me afterwards that is was a very late one, because she had been too busy to do anything about it earlier..and it was her 3rd!!!!! Plus the evening after she was trying to get me to go out clubbing with her!!!! :angry: Needless to say I'm no longer friends with her.

I think the limit of 24 weeks needs to be changed. In some European countries it's 12 weeks, and that I'd support, unless the reason for the abortion was that something was dreadfully wrong with the baby. 12 weeks is plenty long enough for a woman to decide what she wants to do. It's barbaric that healthy babies can be aborted at a stage in pregnancy where they'd stand a good chance of survival if they were born.

Just to chip back in (have been mulling this over instead of working :rolleyes: ) I also think that it depends on the results of tests to some people too, and some of those are only done at a bit of a later stage. My sister didn't tell anyone except her husband until she had the results back and they went private to fast-track them.

She's now 16wks and cacking herself about the birth :rolleyes: (Well, actually I have no clue about it either)

I think the limit of 24 weeks needs to be changed. In some European countries it's 12 weeks, and that I'd support, unless the reason for the abortion was that something was dreadfully wrong with the baby. 12 weeks is plenty long enough for a woman to decide what she wants to do. It's barbaric that healthy babies can be aborted at a stage in pregnancy where they'd stand a good chance of survival if they were born.

If you realise you're pregnant.

I can go 4/5 months without a period normally, longest was 14mths.

for myself my personal view is pro life, it is and will remain so for very personal reasons.

I do accept that my views are not the same as many others and that some people have ( for there own personal reasons ) a totally pro choice viewpoint

I think that the majority of people would agree that 24 weeks is far far far to late to terminate a pregnancy unless there are exceptional circumstances ( what ever there views on terminations in general )