UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 23

Jazz

OK thank you. Gas engineer cam,e this morning and replaced leaky filter. Good news was that it cost less than expected.  Good news also that he found a fault in the controls which meant it had sometimes switched the water on when I should not have done. Bad news is that this has used more gas than I needed. But all hopefully sorted now. Finley loved the engineer, I had to keep him in in garden as he was getting underfoot. Good thing it was sunny and quite warm. 

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

had to go to topic listing to get on this page. 

at least its sorted now owl x

I have the same ,jazz.  I cannot toggle between pages.

Got rid of some show boxes today. Someone making up a tableau for the gala day. I knew someone would be able to use them one day.

Had to go to a different chemist for my prescription this morning. I gat it sent to the chemist on Sainsbury's so I  can collect it when I do my shopping.  it was not there yesterday, so phoned GP. They had sent it to the other chemist in the town so had to go down there this morning. 

Dry today and bright but still cold. 

We are ok but started off with a bit of a flap. Finley was chasing a mouse round some logs and stuff, but it ran under an old lawnmower and he couldn't get it. Freezing cold, I said come in for some breakfast, but he was well into hunting mode and managed to climb a rickety panel into the very end of neighbour's garden, where there is a giant heap of garden waste, tree cuttings etc. There are also rats! I spent a freezing 20 mins wondering what to do, didn't want to disturb neighbours' well earned Sunday lie-in. Rang my friend from BT rescue in a panic but she just laughed and asked if I had tried bribing him with treats. It had never occurred to me, as none of my previous dogs would have been bribed away from a rat. I got his packet of dried sprats, and the minute I rustled the packet a little head popped out of a hole. I couldn't reach to lift him back over, had to remove a bit of fence panel then repair later.

With help of a neighbour I have blocked access, I hope. But if he does it again I will know that a sprat in mum's hand is worth more than any number of rats in the rubbish heap.