Patio...

BEFORE

1-P1020399_zpsvwid0mky.jpg

1-P1020393_zpshb7fntbb.jpg

1-P1020398_zpscvfrs7xn.jpg

AFTER

1-DSC_0009_zps4d2klemc.jpg

1-DSC_0005_zpsvxfnsczf.jpg

So much to do now. They've decimated what was left of my lawn, which now needs some serious tlc and possibly replacing. The fence panels behind where the greenhouse was will be replaced. The back of the garage will be painted cream to match the side. The borders need planting up and the planters need to be moved around and the whole driveway needs to be jetwashed because it's covered in a layer of (very slippery) mud. Can't wait to get started though :pinkie:

• Like 1

ooooooooooooooooo Alex, that patio and wall is lovely!!!!! i am very jealous!!!

with regards the lawn, not sure if this would help you at all but it is what i have done to mine and the grass is growing through it well!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141441295632?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

my lawn is really patchy at the moment and i need to put some seed down but it is a lot better in the wet weather and the dogs are tearing round on it too

• Like 1

That looks brilliant griff, thank you :flowers: The lawn is very bumpy so I'm going to fill the holes with topsoil, level it off as much as I can and then chuck grass seed down, but I might chuck some of that stuff on top of it beforehand.

The patio has increased the usable space in my garden massively, am really pleased I had it done.

i think what you are supposed to do is fill and seed it and then peg down the matting, i however being a div and not wanting to put up with getting muddy anymore didn't fill the holes!!! result...lumpy bumpy Lol i will at some point get round to putting some soil in the holes!!

anyway, this is what my lawn is currently like and the matting has been down about 2 months i think... i had no grass and i mean literally no grass, the lovely grass that has grown through is mostly my own old turf but there are some new shoots from the seeds when i look closely, i lost most of my seed to the pigeons despite tinfoil on stakes!!

this is how it started off

WP_20150507_001_zpsjoo1by2m.jpg

and this is what i have at the moment

WP_20150507_003_zpsdjjpfvbd.jpg

you will also need some pegs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261675583577?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=560544025002&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

the dogs are doing fine on the mat and a lot less mud comes in the house when it has rained, it is easy to cut with either scissors or pruning shears

• Like 1

Great patio and garden . Merledogs.

Griff, we used that under the swing when the kids were small.

It worked great at preventing the grass being worn away.

We have an area at the top of the steps up to the grass where the dogs stand waiting for us to throw their toys to play fetch and the grass gets totally churned up.

laid decking slabs down but now they churn up the bit before the slabs

.We are going to put some of that stuff down to try and protect the grass so thanks for the link. It saves me hunting for it.

Edited by blackmagic

There is a turf substitute out there which is head and shoulders above your bog standard astro turf. I know it's available in the US but not sure if it is here. I have heard of US dog owners replacing their lawns with it and it stands up to silly dog antics and they never get muddy! I just can't remember the name of it :( It's probably hideously expensive and/or not available over here but I thought I'd mention it.

Patio looks fab :)