UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2014 Gym And Fitness Escapades

gooster

Did my PT abs session this morning. Wow. He really hammered me!!! I am usually one of the best people in the abs class, so am pretty sure he dug out lots of horrid tasks to do with me this morning. He had me doing a plank on the trx - I found this loads harder than a regular plank!!

I did yoga last night too - am not convinced. The instructor was a bit fussy and my feet were freezing after 45 mins with no socks on (I have cold feet anyway!). I could do most of the exercises and poses she had us doing easier than the regulars!

oooooo i like yoga.... not sure i do it properly as i can't bend properly and have to careful with my joints but i use the one on the wii and find it quite relaxing..... couldn't be doing with no socks though, would they let you wear some of those grippy socks?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/221364897793?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

i really need to get something done with myself ready for summer, i need to tone up my back and get rid of my love handles, i put quite a bit of weight on again as my consultant upped my steroids which has made me very unhappy.... i now weigh 10 stone and i hate it. my lovely mum has bought me a vibrapower vibration plate thingy (in bright pink of course Lol) i am off to lidl thursday (if my dad will take me) as they have some exercise stuff in

There was a girl with special yoga socks on, but tbh I don't think I'll go back. I can't do it every week as it is at 6pm, and depending on where I am working, I can't always get there. I think I'll stick to my other classes, as I enjoy those a lot more. They aren't as serious, you can have a laugh in them and I don't get told to 'soften my buttocks' in those classes - I am such a child. Got an attack of the giggles when she said that and everyone else was stood there with a really straight face.

Lol, i would have gone to pieces as well, i can't be doing with people who take things too seriously.... exercise in whatever form should be fun in my opinion! just been looking at Bosu balls, i have found one for £40 inc delivery not sure if i would be able to use it and where the heck i would put it i don't know.... need an extension for all of my exercise equipment that i don't use Lol, i am going to find my rechargeable batteries for my wii and give that another go

Bosu balls are ace!! You can do loads with them. On Saturday I just stood balancing on the bosu ball for ages whilst chatting to one of my friends whilst throwing the occasional squat hold in too :)

You can do pressups on them, plank to pressup, burpees etc. this morning Ryan had me balancing my feet on the regular gym ball and my hands on the bosu ball - evil!!!

i need to figure out where i can store it and then save up for it..... i was looking at this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Body-Balance-Ball-pump-handles/dp/B00EWJUKZ0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0QXRSV0YVJC6Y6YZX9YY

it is a lot cheaper than others i have seen so if i can't manage to use it i won't be too gutted... at lot better than the £90 plus i have seen them for!

better shift myself and make my soup for lunch and dinner... home made veg soup, no chopping just chuck it all in my food processor Lol

Edited by griff

He had me doing a plank on the trx - I found this loads harder than a regular plank!!

RiP 60 has these in as well, they are evil but my old ex army PT had me do them a lot so I am used to it thankfully

Griff this is what I am using and it comes with a workout plan and 12 DVDs , if you want to work out at home I strongly recommend it

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/suspension_trainers/ifit_rip60/13973_p.html

I still hate jacks , they always make me want to wee !

i have bookmarked that... thanks Sam, not sure how much of it i would be able to do as i have a lot of issues with my joints... can't kneel, can't bend properly and have joints that dislocate ..... i am a wreck

just got a gym ball dvd off ebay for £2.50 so hopefully that will show me some gentle moves... i would like to tone my back/love handles up a bit and tighten my tummy muscles a bit too, will have to hope the puppy doesn't decide the big ball is for her!

I am in pain :laugh: I feel like I have been beaten up - even my muscles around my boobs are killing me :laugh: :rolleyes:

I did cycle blast last night - didn't think I'd get there in time from work, but I did, so decided to do it. Got really bad hamstring cramp in my left leg whilst doing an asymmetric hold with a bar, which left me a bit useless for the rest of the class :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you are broken Jayne

I did the workout that nearly made me vomit the on Sunday and it was a lot more bearable , even the 4minute jack section is less awful ( still hate them ) I love the plank in the straps because my upper body is good but hate the v sits with rotation because my core is still a work in progress

Just shows how quickly our bodies can adapt thou and I can see a differance already :)

I'll be fine - it's a good type of pain (the type that makes you know you have worked hard!)

A few scores have gone up for the watt bike challenge - I was chatting to another guy who had done it and he thought it was pretty unpleasant too! I had another go on Monday as I am the second to top girl and the top girl has only beaten me by 1 watt. I actually felt ill after I had tried again and also my legs were absolutely on fire, so finished short of my target :( More practice needed I think. Although I did beat annoying gym guy by a fair margin, so I am happy about that :laugh:

Well done on improving your workout Sam :flowers: Our bodies are amazing really - I even don't mind burpees so much now and can jump right back down again after jumping in the air :)

I know the ache you mean , I get it after jillian Micheals DVDs but not the RIP 60 but I think that's because there is a 20 minute warm up and 15 minute cool down session !

Do you remember my yoga DVD made me snigger because it instructed me to press my buttocks flesh into the mat ?

What is it with yoga and bottoms ?

He is the one I mentioned on Facebook. He was saying again that I cheated - thankfully the watt bikes store workout data, so it can be checked (and also Mr G was stood watching and shouting encouragement at me throughout!). He then tried saying that I only had a good score because I am one of Mike's favourites :rolleyes:

I don't know what it is with yoga and bottoms, but it sure makes me laugh - I think I'll stick to my high intensity hard core classes. I'm clearly far too immature for yoga :laugh: