UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2014 Gym And Fitness Escapades

gooster

I am sure you will see big changes with the work you are putting in :) , how are you getting on with the protein supplements ?

now we have moved I use my pushbike as the roads are wide enough here , I am really enjoying it and I have an app on my iPhone that records how far I ride and shows me a map of where I was which is cool.

I am getting on ok with the protein supplements. However the one I have been using has caffeine in it, so I sometimes struggle to sleep at night. I bought some different ones that don't have caffeine in them, but they make my stomach really bloat - they must have more lactose in them (I'm a bit lactose intolerant). So I think I need to find lactose free ones without caffeine :rolleyes:

Glad you are getting out on your bike a bit more :)

• 2 months later...

How is everyone getting on? This month marks 2 years since I joined the gym. The difference in my fitness and shape is amazing. I am in love with my abs now - they look great, really toned and firm. We have a couple of new classes at the gym now - did body pump for the first time on Monday, really enjoyed it.

Took an abs selfie just to document to myself how amazing they are, as they won't look this good forever :laugh: :unsure:

73F22046-E816-4747-A7A6-A08560D06EC1.jpg

very impressive Jayne , my abs are not my strong point but lordly my arms shoulders are ! I must do more core work

I am running again , the hotel next door has a small gym that they let Mark and I use so we are doing sprint interval training which is a very good workout and less strain on my slightly weak knee than 30 minutes running

we have ordered a 2nd TRX ( RIP 60 ) so we can do our workouts together , they are really great if you don't have access to a proper gym and may be the reason why my arms are so strong

I am also looking at my diet , I have found a health store in the capital that has Quinoa which I am now using instead of rice for most curry meals and I am eating a lot of pulses and dhal

I no longer drink milk so I am a having a lot of herbal tea and only 1 or 2 cups of black tea a day , but I must drink more water

Thanks Sam. I have found that they have really taken shape since I have been doing spin - I think the spinning has burned off a lot of the fat that was lying over my abs, so they are more obvious now :)

We have a trx at the gym, mainly use it for upper body, but you can use it for abs too :)

I try and keep hydrated when I am at the gym - across a typical spin class, I can get through just over a litre of water :unsure:

Jayne you look bloody amazing. I never realised what you looked like before you put the pictures on Facebook, which was fine but in comparison...swit swoo... You have every right to be proud of what you have achieved.

I have just run 11 miles and now it is time to shower as it is so humid today, probably not in your realms though Sam.

Still waiting for my new shoes to arrive though :-(

I don't drink anywhere near enough water either, but I am trying diluted squash as at least that gets the liquid in me and I am sure beer counts too!!

Thanks guys!

I do love spin now - I seem to remember that was one of my aims for this year - learn to love spin. I think it helps that Mr G takes it now and he puts so much effort into his class planning and makes them knackering, but so that you can see yourself progressing. Back in June, he added a new song to his spin playlist - tsunami by tinie tempah. Basically it's standing sprint to hover sprint most of the way through. It's brutal. The first time I did it, it nearly killed me. Now it still nearly kills me, but the recovery time is a lot less :)

Hope your new shoes arrive soon - I bought a pair of asics gel trainers a couple of months ago and they are fab - really supportive and they are black with bright pink laces :biggrin: :laugh: