UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2014 Gym And Fitness Escapades

gooster

Righty, so we have a new year, new thread for the fitness brigade :biggrin:

I am hoping in 2014 that spin becomes less unpleasant and more enjoyable. We have a new cycle studio at the gym now, with all shiny new bikes, so am going to try and fit in more spin classes in my weekly routine. The old bikes were ok, but variable, so if you had a difficult bike, the class was so much harder.

I would like to carry on with my abs work and build up a really strong core, as this will help me with my riding.

My bum and thighs are still a work in progress, they need toning up still, so am hoping that by continuing with the work I am doing, they will shrink a bit more.

Overall, I am pretty happy with my figure now, just need to work on maintaining it now :laugh:

(null)

I would like to get into a routine again something that the last 6 months has been almost impossible !

For 2014 I would like to tone up all over especially abs and under arms

Increase my flexibility with Yoga

Do the 90 day body revolution program for 90 days , plan to start that in April as I am travelling in Jan, Feb and March

and learn to do those pesky press ups that I never nailed last year

I don't own a set of scales here but I might buy a set when next in the UK as I want a set that measures body fat %

• Like 1

Well my goals for this year are to increase my running speed.

I will also be following some healthy eating plans and toning/ core building work as this will help with my overall running.

I hope to get to a 27 minute park run by the end of the year (more than once)

I hope to run a marathon in under 5 hours.

I hope to run a half marathon in under 2:15

I hope to run a 10k in under an hour

I hope, but am not currently confident, to complete the Thames Trot.

All based on improving my speed and doing more all over work outs like I used to do, not just running.

Thanks for a year of motivation and encouragement ladies!!

today I have had a day off, good start eh !

Tomorrow I will be doing a week one workout from 30 Day Shred , I have done it twice now and I can see a difference already ! I think its because although I have not been working out much or regularly the work I did with my PT at the Gym in 2012/13 is still there under the surface

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

I have never worked so damn hard in 20 minutes and its just level 1

This is my non wussy Yoga workout , plan to do this 2-3 times a week

I like the look of Jillian's work out but not the yoga. I like yoga to be slightly slower so I actual stretch the muscles. I do use it as a once a week massive body stretch though from running.

Will look at trying Jillian's workout though i no longer have home weights which is a pain.

And I am sneezing and feeling coldified. So long as it doesn't hit the chest all is good.

Well done - 8.5 miles is good going :)

I did my first class since 23rd December tonight. It was strength and conditioning, however as Mr Grumpy has moved to another centre and Mr G was on the early shift today (he has taken over Mr Grumpy's job as Mr G was only part time before), it fell to another instructor to take the class. Tbh, that was probably a good thing for most of the class, as whilst it was still a good class, it was pretty easy in comparison to usual (I didn't break too much of a sweat), which is a nice way to break everyone back in (as opposed to doing the evil squat song and other unpleasant things that Mr G has us doing :laugh: ). I have cycle blast tomorrow - am praying for a nice bike, as I imagine that will still be done downstairs with the old bikes :laugh:

Forgot to add - my abs are killing me today after my abs session on Tuesday - not good when you have a slight cough and cold :rolleyes: My abs don't usually ache unless I have done a full core workout class, so I am quite impressed I managed to get them aching all on my own (well apart from when Mr G helped me with my leg raises :biggrin: )

Me either Jayme!! I never used to run for the bus, happier to wait up to 30mins for the next one.

20 miles today....no bath here so can't even relax in a bath!

Very tired legs and my backpack has chosen today to rub the hell out of my back :-(

20 miles?! That's amazing :)

Am trying a couple of new classes this week - I have 15/15 tomorrow, which is a class where you do 15 seconds of an exercise then have 15 seconds of rest and then move onto a different exercise. Apparently it's pretty tough going. I am also trying kettle blast on Thursday night - I quite like kettlebell work, it will be interesting to see if I still like them after Thursday :laugh:

Extreme tea making would be an awesome way to spend half an hour - however as Mr G is taking the class, I suspect it will be much more hard core... All the other classes with blast in the title involve you doing a set exercise for 1 min, then going straight to the next exercise for 1 min and so on until you want to throw the bar/kettlebell/other instrument of torture at the instructor for being so mean :laugh: So I imagine it will be 20 sets of kettle bell based exercises, each lasting 1 min with a 5 min warm up and 5 min cool down :)