UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tia

dawnmb

Well, I was going to start a thread asking for healing thoughts for Tia, one of WAWs ex-poundie girls, who was not doing well.

Some of you may have seen, Tia, our Bigbum Rottie girl, on Brunzaras poundie list in Feb. SHe came to us after serving her 7 days at the pound.

tia2.jpg

On Tuesday, Tias eyes were rather runny, and sore looking. SHe was prescibed eye drops to help clear them. She cried when they were put in. The girls at kennels, kept cleaning her eyes, and Tia, being the most gentle of girls, took it like a trooper.

On Wednesday-her eyes were no better, and her skull, between her eyes seemed to be puffy. She was taken to the vet, who prescibed anti-inflamitories, and anti biotics, to try and get the swelling down.

Thursday morning, her head was even more swollen, and eyes were worse. Catherine(rescuewoman) took her back to the vets, to try and find out what the problem was-and what we could do.

I took some photos of her Thursday-to show you-and to ask you all to send postive, healing thoughts for our lovely girl.

tia4.jpg

tia5.jpg

By the time I had downloaded the photos to start her a healing thread, Catherine called me to let me know she was gone. It was a brain tumor, and she was euthenized then and there, with Catherine staying with her til the end had come. :mecry: Catherine lay with her, on the floor, and had to be ushered out the back, she was so upset. Catherine said she felt honoured to have been able to do that for her. And anger at the poeple who abandoned her, leaving her to spend her last months in a kennel. :mecry:

:love: Tia was a lovely girl, very special to all of us. SHe was a gentle, sweet natured girl. Everyone who met Tia fell in love with her. She loved everyone, and was great with children. She was a big fat lazy girl who wanted nothing more than cuddles and cream cakes from life. :laugh:

I am greatful that I got to see her last day, and that I know she had lots of love. We had her in the shop at kennels, and since Everyone loved Tia, and Tia loved everyone, the was lots of cuddles and tons of rottie kisses all round. :love:

Tia would have been in pain. She did flinch if you touched area, but NEVER ONCE grumbled or warned us off.

She remained the friendly people loving girl she had been since day one. A fine tribute to her breed, and to dogs in general. :bigheart3:

Sadly, Tia never found her forever home, but she has found a loving forever home in the hearts of all of us who met her. It was an honour and a privelege to meet you. :wub: :heart:

Sweet Dreams, beautiful girl. :angel: :heart:

tia.jpg

So sorry to hear about Tia, what a gorgeous little girl. But even though she didnt have a "proper" home, I am sure she knew she was loved by all of you that looked after her when she came from the pound.

Please accept hugs and love from me and I am so, so sorry.

Lynn