UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Oration

merledogs

Glad to hear you had a nice time Sophie and well done dogs, especially Kia for her instant recall :flowers:

I forgot to day earlier but I am sending positive thoughts for Alex's Garfy, Timmy and Taffy :wub: :wub: :wub:

My mouse keeps dying and the only way I can fix it is to switch off and start up again which is starting to get annoying.

Archie had a great time at agility and flyball last night and just when we were about ready to bow out of flyball because he didn't get it - he got it!

Is the little green bouncy emoticon on speed? He's going mad beneath this as I write. Oh now he's tired himself out and come to a full stop. Let's see what he does when he's included in the thread

:jumpy:

Alex, hope all the animals are better soon, could they have all drunk from a puddle or something?

Lol Yantan the little green emoticon is deffo on speed...did he used to be that fast?

i just got a call off my mum, the drs had 1 flu jab left and i had to get to the surgery Asap... was there within 10 minutes and have now been jabbed!!! they were due a delivery of 750 and none turned up!

Glad Archie is enjoying his agility and flyball :)

Glad you managed to get your flu jab Griff :flowers:

Hope all the Merle animals are feeling better soon :GroupHug:

I might have just annoyed people on a Mini Schnauzer FB page :unsure: There is a mini schnauzer at MT at the moment and a member of the group wants to offer him a home, but can't afford the adoption fee of £170. Everyone in the group are getting together and pledging money towards his adoption fee. I commented that if she can't afford the adoption fee, how would she afford insurance, feeding, vaccinations etc. I haven't heard anything back yet - I don't mean to be nasty and spiteful, but I would hate him to bounce back into rescue as she couldn't afford to keep him :unsure: :(

Have just been to meet a practice for a potential Saturday morning locum day in the new year - I think it went well. They want me to go there for a trial day in the next couple of weeks to see how I fit in and if I like them and they like me :)

Jayne, i don't think you are being nasty or spiteful, you are thinking things through sensibly..... if it were as simple as just paying the adoption fee then i am sure loads of us here would have many more pets than we do but realistically we all know that costs are never just a case of buying a sack of dog food. we are hoping to get a new addition and i know i couldn't afford any more bills but my mum and dad will be paying so thats o.k Lol.

i hope things go well at the new practice and i am sure they will like you and if they don't they are nobs Lol

my neighbour just caught me to say thanks for everything, keeping the dogs quiet, watching her house and giving them flowers, she had her mums funeral today... i didn't go as i didn't want to impose and it would have been an all sikh affair i think

Thanks guys - after I posted, a few others posted that they agreed with me. I think it just took someone to have the guts to say what I said first :unsure: Anyway, apparently the dog in question can't be homed to this lady anyway as he doesn't get on with boy dogs and she has a boy dog already. As far as I know, no one knows each other personally - I certainly have never met anyone from the group :unsure:

Am going for a trial morning at the new practice on the 7th November - am hoping it goes ok :)

Thanks Alex, it seems like a nice practice, so time will tell :)

I got headbutted by Blue yesterday morning whilst he was being clipped. He got me right on my nose, made me cry with pain and it hurt to breathe through my nose for a while. Just looked in the mirror and there's a bruise :laugh: :rolleyes: I thought it was mud, but it didn't come off, so it must be a bruise :laugh:

Good luck Jayne I hope its a nice place with nice staff.

I was asleep but painful joints woke me up so I am taking my mind off it by playing on my tab. I can take more tramadol soon so if I haven't fallen asleep by then hopefully they will help.

Griff so sorry your dogs have had to endure fireworks.

thanks Yantan, it wasn't too bad really...luckily i had started diez on xanax already for halloween and bonfire night so we turned the tv up and the heating up and she was pretty much o.k. Laney... well he doesn't give a stuff thankfully Lol

i hope you managed to get some sleep and your joints have settled a bit

Jayne, hope your bruise doesn't come out too bad

Moaning :tired:

WFHing this morning then off to Chorley for a meeting this afternoon.

RMF : My ruddy dogs have turned into really fussy eaters. I can't find a kibble that they will eat, even CSJ command performance which I now have one and a half 15kg sacks off but which they absolutely refuse to eat, even with hot water added and cooked mince mixed in. I've ordered some Arden Grange which they have had before so hopefully they'll eat that :rolleyes:

Alex I used to use some powdered liver that I bought in small tubs to sprinkle on the top of George's food. I can't bloomin' well remember the name of it of now though! I used to ask him if he'd like some parmesan on his dinner. He never had any trouble eating up whatever I put in front of him but sometimes I felt the home cooking I did for him was a little bland and needed beefing up plus it contained some of the essential nutrients dogs need. Boy did he tuck in whenever I added the liver powder.

I've had a quick look online and so far am only turning up American food enhancement liver powder but the one I got was from a British manufacturer.

I've got some liver which I bought on Saturday so am going to sautee that for them and then mix in with gravy and add to their food. If they don't eat it after that then there's no ruddy hope :rolleyes:

RMF : My boss is still backing me to the hilt over the 'debate' we had with colleagues last Friday afternoon, so much so that he went to see a supplier yesterday afternoon so they could clarify some things for him and following that meeting, he has confirmed that he and I are right so the fight isn't over yet. It's good to have his backing though and he's not one to back you just for the sake of it - he'll tell you (diplomatically) if you're in the wrong.

• Like 3

Glad to hear you've got the support of your boss Alex :flowers:

Logan'd take my hand off if I put liver and gravy on his dinner!

Our TV (freesat dish) isn't working after yesterday's stormy weather :( Think we'll have to get someone out to look at it as the access to it is really awkward and my OH is afraid of heights and also doesn't want me clambering up a ladder to have a look. It's also the perfect opportunity to add in cabling for a second box in one of the upstairs rooms.