UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

Well thats my first week over with LOL Didn't think I'd be doing a full day today but thats how its worked out so I've almost done my weeks hours already the balance I can do at home as its just reading loads of stuff from the website - bit of a shock to the system as I haven't worked a full 9-5 day for about 7 years! Next week I'm doing 2 half days but the week after I am going to a big whole of Wales conference/forum type thing which is an entire days event and is up in mid Wales so 2 hours drive each way on top - so that "day" I'll probably work my entire week and some of the following weeks hours :confused: did loads and loads of networking today and quite enjoyed the day over all, nice friendly bunch to work with not that I think I'll see a lot of them as my role is pretty much out and about the vast majority of the time, my predecessor apparently only went to the office once a month.

Yes I enjoyed it and yes I'm going back - its going to be a bit of a learning curve which will drag on longer because I have so few hours and need to be out actually doing the job rather than having much of an induction period, a lot of it is going to be just figuring out who does what in my area ad then making contact and going out to see them.

We also know now whats wrong with my mil - she has Osteomalacia which is commonly known as rickets!! She's being referred to a rheumatologist next week (shes paying privately to get that appointment as they said it could be months otherwise!) and apparently the condition is reversible though she'll probably be on medication and big doses of a special form of vitamin D for the rest of her life and it will take a few months before she starts to really get more mobile and be pain free but the prognosis seems pretty hopeful. She's delighted that she now knows what it is and that its treatable even potentially curable and shes not facing surgery though she does have oesteo arthritis starting which is to be expected at her age but its only very minor at the moment and shouldn't need treating for a while yet.

really pleased your MIL has a diagnoses Snow and its treatable , hows Bruno doing ( I am not keeping up very well currently ) glad your job is going well and seems very exciting and varied.

I am in Dubai waiting for my connecting flight which boards in about an hour , then 4.5 hours flight , hour or so at airport doing paperwork and customs clearance on the items I have to declare and then a 2 hour drive to Dogstar and then a welcome dinner with our team, lord knows when I will see my bed

Suzanna, its really shite when friendships frizzle out and when its happened to me I felt a bit crap too . I think your great and I love reading your posts and I would be your mate in a heart beat

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Snow, glad your job is going well but even better news about your MIL, i am sure that must be a huge relief!! if they are going to put her on vitamin D supplements, it may be the one with calcium that i am on.... i have tried both of the flavours available and i prefer the Tutti Frutti flavour... the lemon is like chewing a piece of chalk with a little flavour added Lol

Happylittlegreesquirrel, hope you get throguh customs quickly and have a safe road journey to dogstar

why did my dog decide last night not to do her business at bedtime but instead get me up at 6am by letting herself out of the bedroom and coming downstairs on her own so she could get let out to the loo? i am not a happy Griff!

forgot to say Merledogs, that mail order trees website is working again and i have decided on bamboo... it is out of stock but they have mailed me back and reckon they should have some in a few weeks...... you get really big plants for a decent price so thankyou for the link!

Edited by griff
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear that Suzeanna, is there anything that can be done to reverse the decision or move forward in a different way?

Glad work was good Snow and that MIL has been diagnosed with something that can be resolved.

Hello Sam :waves: next time you read this hopefully you will have seen your bed!!

Hope Jazz is ok and that I have just missed her.

Took OH to the station this morning, he is off to Majorca for two weeks working. I am hopefully going to use the next two weeks to shove a whole load of stuff into storage so when he comes back the flat will look really different!

I'm glad the job went well yesterday Snow :) I am amazed about the ricketts but the prognosis is good so YAY!

Suzeanna :GroupHug: Don't forget you've still got forum buddies here.

I wonder where in the world our jetsetters are now? I hope they've made it to Sri Lanka.

Griff my George used to sneak down in the night and have a wee or a poo (or both) in the hall (we have that cushion floor laminate look-a-likey stuff down) and then come back up to wake me up to let me know that he didn't need out because he'd seen to himself and wasn't he a good boy and could he have a treat. Dawg I miss that dog :laugh:

I hope I haven't missed anyone out - it's not intentional but due to my ever decreasing memory I'm afraid. Ask me what I had breakfast and I couldn't tell you but ask me about some event 30 or 40 years ago and I can tell you all about it in great detail. I'm seeing more and more of the problems that beset the people I used to care for in my ownself :rolleyes:

• Like 1

really pleased your MIL has a diagnoses Snow and its treatable , hows Bruno doing ( I am not keeping up very well currently ) glad your job is going well and seems very exciting and varied.

Bruno's tumor came back mast cell and malignant however the edges were clean so they seem to think they got it all, its just a watch and wait thing now, it may come back it may not and of course it might pop up elsewhere, they just need to be a bit vigilant in checking for any suspicious lumps and bumps and get them checked out as soon as they find one. Bruno in himself is now back to his usual cheerful busy self.

I'm glad the job went well yesterday Snow :) I am amazed about the ricketts but the prognosis is good so YAY!

Suzeanna :GroupHug: Don't forget you've still got forum buddies here.

I wonder where in the world our jetsetters are now? I hope they've made it to Sri Lanka.

Griff my George used to sneak down in the night and have a wee or a poo (or both) in the hall (we have that cushion floor laminate look-a-likey stuff down) and then come back up to wake me up to let me know that he didn't need out because he'd seen to himself and wasn't he a good boy and could he have a treat. Dawg I miss that dog :laugh:

I hope I haven't missed anyone out - it's not intentional but due to my ever decreasing memory I'm afraid. Ask me what I had breakfast and I couldn't tell you but ask me about some event 30 or 40 years ago and I can tell you all about it in great detail. I'm seeing more and more of the problems that beset the people I used to care for in my ownself :rolleyes:

My memory has been getting worse and worse ever since I hit menopause, gawd knows how long it'll take me to even remember the names of the 7 or 8 people that I now work with in the office (see now I can't even remember how many people I work with lol ) let alone remember what any of the acronyms for all the different agencies and groups I'll be working with mean.

I can remember very little from that far back, reasonably ok with the recent past, and what I had for breakfast is always easy because it's always porridge. It's nice to have one stable element in a currently unpredictable lifestyle.

Glad your MIL has something treatable, snow.

• Like 1

Yantan - you have my deepest sympathy as I am suffering with loss of memory too. :ohmy: I can remember starting school and things ten years ago, but often don't know what day of the week it is! I survive by writing lists. If I can't remember, at least I can be organised. :) Lists are my survival plan, how sad is that.

I also have osteoarthritis in both knees and degraded discs. You would think when they were dishing out the aches and pains they could do it a bit more fairly. Lots more ailments as well, but what doesn't cause me pain doesn't exist.

Must have had a great youth because I seem to be paying the price now.