UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Well, I gave in and cancelled my class :( I am just so bloody fed up of being poorly now :mecry: I decided to ring them to cancel instead of doing it online, partly because I was halfway there and got really bad stomach pains, but also because I wanted to speak to someone. She went into the spiel about how I wouldn't be able to book classes in the future because I had cancelled so many *blah* and was going to put me down as a non attendance instead of a cancellation. She said reluctantly that she would cancel me off the class then :unsure: Have just been online and I still appear to be able to book classes, but am not booking any more until I am feeling better. Am so upset and annoyed right now :mecry: Wish my body would just fight the damn bug off so I can get back to normal :mecry:

Well, I gave in and cancelled my class :( I am just so bloody fed up of being poorly now :mecry: I decided to ring them to cancel instead of doing it online, partly because I was halfway there and got really bad stomach pains, but also because I wanted to speak to someone. She went into the spiel about how I wouldn't be able to book classes in the future because I had cancelled so many *blah* and was going to put me down as a non attendance instead of a cancellation. She said reluctantly that she would cancel me off the class then :unsure: Have just been online and I still appear to be able to book classes, but am not booking any more until I am feeling better. Am so upset and annoyed right now :mecry: Wish my body would just fight the damn bug off so I can get back to normal :mecry:

lordy , tell her to get a ladder and get over herself ! if you are sick of course you are going to have to canc all your classes in a short period. Don't worry about it now its clearly a "computer says no" thing

I do think you are going to have to give in and rest some more , I am guessing you have not been getting ( or holding on to ) much in the line of quality nutrition since you got poorly ? bodies need time , rest and fuel to get better , minds tend to get better faster and get annoyed at bodies being slow :GroupHug:

Thanks Sam :flowers:

I have hardly eaten anything since Friday, yesterday was the most I have eaten. Managed a dry toast, a small bowl of boiled rice and a toasted muffin with spaghetti shapes on it. Today I haven't eaten anything yet. Am considering getting something like slimfast just to try and get some nutrients into me :unsure:

You could try coke (of the drink variety) Jayne, you can flatten it by stirring it or adding a touch of sugar. It is what we were always given as kids to settle tummies (and was the only consolation to food poisoning as a child was that we got to drink coke!) and as an adult I find it settles and gives a touch of energy to get better.

That and the other ingredient I don't always have...patience!!

Not sure why but coke is always advised for tummies. There is definitely something in it though...consider it medicine to make you better xx

Interesting - in Canada, its always ginger ale that is recommended for tummies. I guess because its far more common as a fizzy drink than it is here, and ginger is meant to be good for stomach problems in general.

I have been lurking on this thread - I intend to start the couch to 5k program soon - I'm just waiting for my headaches / migraines to settle down a bit first.

Welcome Sophie.

Oh yes ginger ale is good too, maybe it will become more popular here as it becomes more available. I am a fan of ginger snaps if I feel sick for the same reason.

I would always say, if you can do a bit if exercise / get some fresh air, then do it. I always used to put it off, but exercise has turned my health around so much. x

It is a beautiful day here today, but the weather reports are saying it is -3, however, in the sun it is gorgeous. Ok I have top, jumper and big thick coat on...but still it is gorgeous!

Hope you are feeling better Jayne! I was always told, the worse the taste of medicine the better it works! I know that isn't strictly true, but helps when you need to take stuff to feel better. (And my mum didn't buy nice tasting medicine as kids!)

Hi Sophie :cheer: well done , the decision to do it the first step on getting to 5k

today I have to do my timed 2.4km again , I have two choices on how to approach this

I have worked out ( hope this is right )in order to get under 14 minutes I need to run at an average speed of 10.3 on the treadmill , so I can either run some under 10.3 , some over 10.3 and leave a bit left for a sprint. The downside here is that every minute I run under 10.3 I will have to run a minuet at 10.3 + the deficent time

or try and run the entire thing as near as damn it at 10.3 and leave a bit left for a sprint

I am leaning towards trying to run a steady 10.3

Run steady and sprint at the end if you have anything left. I think the less you play with the buttons on the treadmill the more you can get into the zone and stay there. Included the little time you will need to get the treadmill to the correct speed! I know it's only a little but it's needed!! xxx