UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jests

merledogs

Here are a couple of pictures from today. The first one on top of Beacon Hill and the second on the dam at Melton MOwbray. We did ask someone to take a picture of all of us together, but she didn';t press the shutter properly, so no pic! :worried_anim:

872b03b7.jpg

00e0ef97.jpg

Thanks once again :flowers:

• Like 2

well done Houndzrus!!!! what beautiful pictures and glad the weather was o.k for you.

i went to see my nan, wow the change is amazing, breathing better, talking, wide awake and so much more colour in her face! they asked us to call her landlord to check it will be o.k to have the oxygen in her house, he said absolutely fine whatever she needs is o.k with him and not to worry about rent etc, he was a really nice bloke. hopefully they can get the bed sorted out and she can go home next week. i had to be very careful as my dads brother turned up and i will do him serious harm so i just said bye to nan, turned , ignored him and the object he has in tow (new wife) and walked out, i was very pleased that for once in my life i kept my temper in check..... wasn't the time or place and he will keep. i will hopefully get chance to see her at home depedning how things go with me but if not at least i can make a phone call and check up on her

Looks like a great day, Marge.

griff, so pleased your nan is more comfortable.

We are going to Castlemorton in Worcs tomorrow & staying there to look for a doglet. Yesterday I had never even heard of the place and tomorrow I am going there.

• Like 1

I have just got back from seeing Jools Holland and his Orchestra in concert and I was blown away. Totally amazing!!

Griff - well done on biting your tongue - I'm not very good at doing that! Words seem to force their way past my lips despite my best efforts.

Well done Houndzrus and good luck Owl!

• Like 3

Moaning :tired:

Feel so sorry for Cavendish and the GB road race team, there is only so much they can do. It was never going to be easy with such a small team, but I have to say the coverage of it was diabolical.

Do you mean the camerawork or the amount they showed? If you click on the red button you get lots more stuff - it had the road race on from start to finish :flowers: I was absolutely gutted for Cav :(

Griff I'm glad your nan is much better :flowers:

Well done Marge and Jack and Cherry :flowers:

It's peeing down here again, as it was most of yesterday. Mind you that didn't stop the Clampetts, who had a bouncy castle in the garden and the outside speakers blaring, even when they were inside.

Feck the Clampett's Alex. Plug their feckin sound system into the national grid and sit back and laugh whilst you watch it deliver a charge with the magnitude of a Challenger space craft lifting off from Cape Canaveral. You can laugh and wave merrily at the feckers as they head towards terminal velocity. Mmmwwwaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.

Archie has gone off early with Cara and her mum as Cara is working today and starts at 11am. Yesterday they had him out for 2-and-a-half hours although some of the time was spent sitting at the woodland cafe where they all went for coffee and cake after their forest walk. They sat outside so the dogs could be with them and Archie behaved impeccably I was told. "You can just take him anywhere" said Cara, "he's an angel". She wants to see him when he is out in the garden and suddenly starts suffering from deafness when I want him to come in or to stop barking at the bloody barefaced cheek of people who pass his gate and don't speak to him. The swearing he does is awful. I don't know where he learnt such feckin language. It's feckin beyond me it really feckin is.

It's raining here on and off and is otherwise very overcast and grey.

• Like 3

LMAO at Marion.

I dream of vile ways in which to harm the Clampetts every time they blare their music but I think you have pretty much topped it lol

RMConfession: I eventually managed to finish Fifty Shades last weekend, but I am ashamed to confess I got sucked in and am now on the third one and can't put it down :rolleyes: :blush:

Lol, i love that idea Yantan!!! merledogs, i sympathize with you...... our neighbours have been told the driveway is ours so keep vehicles off (done via solicitor) and lo and behold he has just parked up and given my mum a mouthful!!! not a happy Griff!!!!! we will have to have him in court and with everything else thats going on we don't really need anything else.

Owl i hope you find the missing dog and you have nice weather to search in.

Loo, i do find it hard not to say anything...i am a bit like you, it comes out and s*d the consequences but i saw my nan lying there and thought she didn't need to see me erupt at her son, i didn't even acknowledge his existence, just looked straight past him and walked out

Yantan, i am glad that Archie had a lovely day, my pair can be little monsters for me but angels for my mum and dad.... wouldn't mind but it is me that takes care of them Lol

Yantan you do make me laff.

All packed now and about to go. We will have willing helpers, if we can narrow down the area there are plenty of good people who will do a close search.

The junior generation of giant land snails are coming too but will not be assisting with the search. The adults don't eat as much and can be left for a few days with a big stack of salad, but the babies eat non-stop so have to come along for daily feeding.

I wouldn't say they were good as such (very poorly written) but once I knew the plot I wanted to read to the end. There were large parts which I just skimmed over because they dragged on and others where I cringed because they were sooo corny. I certainly wouldn't want to read them again (friend at work is reading them for the third time).

50 Shades - I really did struggle through the first - didn't like his attitude and thought she was an absolute plank - and honestly couldn't see a plot. I thought the whole thing was boring and repetative. The author has a really good PR agent!!

There are much better erotic novels out there.

• Like 1

:bighug: :bighug: Merledogs.

hospital today, fingers crossed they go ahead with my treatment as i won't be happy wasting more taxi fares!!!

i bought some books for taking to the hospital with me, i picked one up yesterday, didn't put it down for 3 hours..... finished it in one go!

Morning all, day off, so lots of catching up to do.

Good luck Owl

Glad you enjoyed Jools Holland, Loo.

Sorry about the Clampitts Alex, I used to have noisy neighbours, the spoilt every summer, as they just couldn't sit outside (Or indoors) without having music blasting so loud it was actually distorted!

Good luck at the hospital Griff, fingers crossed you get your treatment, and well done on keeping quiet for your nan's sake.

LOL & Marion! i am sure Archie is an angel.