UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Wheels

Rykat

Hi - Just wondering if anyone had any dog wheels that we could try?

Ryker our boxer is 13 and his back legs have pretty much given up, we're not sure if he could manage them and would like to try before we buy some.

We're in Wirral but happy to collect.

Thank you x

What a great idea!

Our old Rinty can't go very far now but if he could cope with wheels he'd get a lot fun out of life. I know it sounds harsh but I wouldn't want to buy them because I'm not sure he could cope and, as he's now 17, this isn't a long term investment.

He's a GSD/collie cross. I think you're a bit far away for me to collect, Alicia - does anyone else have a set we could try?

Diane

What a great idea!

Our old Rinty can't go very far now but if he could cope with wheels he'd get a lot fun out of life. I know it sounds harsh but I wouldn't want to buy them because I'm not sure he could cope and, as he's now 17, this isn't a long term investment.

He's a GSD/collie cross. I think you're a bit far away for me to collect, Alicia - does anyone else have a set we could try?

Diane

There's a guy called Jim Colla who makes them & I believe I read somewhere also buys them back if you wish (you'd have to ask what terms / whether you can try one before buying). I think he has an a/c on here somewhere but his website is http://www.dogswheels.com/id1.html There are other companies obviously & you can also sometimes find them going cheaply on ebay

Thank you for that, Alicia. Very welcome feedback.

I had a look at his site and generally looked around Ebay but they're still going to cost a lot of money. Rinty has arthritis in his elbows too so he may find it too much and I don't want to take a chance by spending that much money without some certainty that it would help.

What a shame there isn't a Red Cross for dogs where you can borrow items while they're needed and return them when you've finished with them.

Thank you for that, Alicia. Very welcome feedback.

I had a look at his site and generally looked around Ebay but they're still going to cost a lot of money. Rinty has arthritis in his elbows too so he may find it too much and I don't want to take a chance by spending that much money without some certainty that it would help.

What a shame there isn't a Red Cross for dogs where you can borrow items while they're needed and return them when you've finished with them.

K9carts have a rental programme for their carts. They also do a quad cart for dogs with weak fore limbs.

They are based in America but have a UK agent in East Sussex

http://www.parisgrooming.co.uk/k9carts.html