UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What You Do/don't Want To See At A Wedding :)

Gemstone

At a wedding, you do want to see -

People dressed up smart :biggrin:

DSC_6404.jpg

Pick'n'Mix including Haribo for wedding favours :wub:

IMG_5012.JPG

But what you don't, ever, ever, want to see is -

:ohmy: Someone else wearing the same dress :ohmy:

DSC_6392.jpg

:cool: :wub: :laugh: :wub: They didn't know each other and had a great laugh together having the photo taken, I was shouting "Are you the bridesmaids?" :rolleyes: It is my mum and the groom's sister. There were only 50 people at the wedding so I guess the chances of two of them dressing the same were slim but it has to happen sometimes :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: They both look good in their dresses.

You look good too :flowers:

This reminds me of my sister's second wedding. She wanted me as a bridesmaid, which I wasn't keen on, as I was in my late thirties and felt a little old to be one. Anyway, the day came and myself and a friend of my sister (also a bridesmaid) had had two dresses made, two matching hats etc, to walk her up the aisle. At the reception, Keith, bless him, whispered to me, it's ok, you don't look like bridesmaids, just two women wearing the same dress! :mecry: I know he meant well, but that, to me, was so much worse. :laugh:

Edited by houndzrus

Brilliant - they both look really good in it though!

I wore the same dress as someone at a wedding once, but we each had different shawls / shrugs so it was only after I pointed it out to OH, who shared with all that people realised!

However, at my wedding one of OH's cousins was wearing the same dress as one of my friends (cousin came in the evening, friend had been there all day). What was most amusing though was that my friend had been wearing her dress on back to front all day :laugh:

Edited by murtle

I am currently working in the kids dept in M&S, there is a gorgeous orange maxi dress in there that goes up to an age 16. The other day, a very slim adult lady held it up to herself and said to her friend that she was going to get it. As I walked away, I thought that it is bad enough going to a party and finding another adult wearing the same dress as you..................can you imagine if a 9 year old walked in wearing the same dress??? :laugh: :laugh:

I love the thought Angel155 :laugh:

Now I am going to a wedding at the weekend and am planning on wearing previously mentioned dress...it would be too much to go to two separate weddings with different people and find another person in the same I hope :unsure:

Went to a wedding at the weekend, and lo and behold, there were twins there...well the dresses were twins the ladies in question were a few decades apart. As luck would have it, they were seated on tables next to each other, with their backs just about next to each other. It was a very pretty dress!

I'm the Mother of the Groom at the end of the month, and I'm not sure I want to see his Dad there, seeing as we split up nearly 20 years ago, and he hasn't seen his son for about 15 of those years...

Anyone got any hints? Apparently I will be on the top table, while his Dad will be at least one table away (I've told them that my aim has improved since 'the good old days' and I now longer throw coffee cups over arm - long story)

I guess all I can say, is the day is about your son who for his own reasons has chosen to share the day with both his Mom and Dad. If you don't want to talk to your ex there will be plenty of other people for you to talk to.

I can't imagine what it would be like in your shoes, but I did have both my Mom and Dad there when I got married, even though they had divorced in my early 20's. They were polite to each other, and when the meal was over they could (and did) talk to others.

All the best with the wedding :flowers: