UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Happy 7Th Gotcha Day Cherry!

houndzrus

Seven years ago today we brought home a skinny wee thing, who was fostered for three months with the EGLR. It had taken three days to catch her while she was running loose near Swindon, but finally she was safe and on her way to recovery. Badly scarred, with huge sores and blisters, she was scared of everything and anything, from men, traffic, to teatowels and kitchen utensils. who knows what she went through in her early years? :mecry:

She was rehomed twice before us, once lasting a week, the second home lasted 12 hours because she was "too nervous".

She and Spike got on so well, that she came straight home with us there and then. She was lonely when he died, as she is happier when she has company, so when she and Jack got on, the choice was made for us. :wub:

She has had some issues, and is a little eccentric, but that makes her all the more loveable. :laugh:

I don't know where the time goes, but she will be partaking of a few treats later. :biggrin:

the beginning

d227c01b0399bdd30a631ccf3cd8fae0.JPG

playing with jack

c7a71bfb.jpg

cherrytoy1.jpg

Sleepyhead

ea73ed07.jpg

This weekend, at the oldies camp

sossige bobbing

P1000977.jpg

Daddies girl :wub:

P1000961.jpg

Edited by houndzrus

Aww Happy Gotcha Day Princess Cherry. I didnt know her story. You have done well with her as I wouldnt have known she had had any issues. She is a gorgeous girl :wub:

Thank you :flowers:

Cherry has had a very relaxing day, and Jack kindly gave up his sofa for her. :wub:

1a225ccc.jpg

• 3 weeks later...