UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Things You Never Knew You Never Knew

You can apparently grow a new pineapple by planting the cut-off top and applying bottom heat, according to a gardening book I read, but it never worked for me.. :mecry:

One of OH's colleagues did this successfully and when the new pineapple was ready they all ate it at a pineapple party!

Until very recently I thought that Suffolk was above Norfolk on the map of the UK, I know now that the clue is in their names :rolleyes:

Edited by Karen

I was stunned listening to the news today. Apparently there really are "Tasmanian Devils"! I thought they were invented by Warner Brothers.

Who knew???

I was so happy to hear that they really do exist - I'm sure my mad laughter must have been heard for miles. But the news article was about how they're dying out because of facial cancers and now I feel really sad for them. :mecry:

The local (to Jodrell Bank) Ice Cream Farm recreated the telescope in straw.

jodrell2.jpg

Snugbury'sstraw creations

And it wasn't until I clicked on the link that I realised that the straw creation was near to me, so therefore Jodrell Bank isn't too far! The straw meerkat shown on the Snugburys website is amazing!! At night his eyes light up (near Nantwich).

Edited to add the telescope is no longer there it is now the meerkat (must be annual)

Edited by Angel155

• 9 months later...