UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Forum Visibility To Unregistered Users

cycas

Re Sam's suggestion in the social media thread that we try sharing the Refuge around a bit more, I think one problem with this is that so much of the content is not viewable by unregistered users.

I can see why this is, but I wonder if the time has come to be a bit more open about at least some of our content? I think if we are sharing Refuge content to try to get people to come and join in, then they need to be able to see it before they register to join in, so that they know what they are getting themselves into!

Maybe Oldies Club Chat and Doggy Chat could be openly viewable, and the other Chat sections hidden?

What do other members feel?

Im the opposite, I hate being able to snatch a moment in time on google. Its always out of context but as far as advertising the Refuge I think its sensible to be found and seen. Perhaps if a couple were left private. It just seems a bad idea if a Fugee anounces they have piles in 2010 and gets to be PM in 2012, that something private will be on display.

Appeals should be visible because that may pull in more help.

I think making the Oldies Chat area and Doggie Chat visible to non-members is and excellent idea, I'm always wary of forums where I can't view anything or get an idea of what they are like before joining.

I think the rescue sections are already visible to non-members?

I think making the Oldies Chat area and Doggie Chat visible to non-members is and excellent idea, I'm always wary of forums where I can't view anything or get an idea of what they are like before joining.

I think the rescue sections are already visible to non-members?

I too dislike forums where I can't see at least part of the forum before joining.Fine to keep say Non-Animal chat private but is there any reason the rest of the board should stay that way?

I agree that most things should be open for browsing.

Im the opposite, I hate being able to snatch a moment in time on google. Its always out of context but as far as advertising the Refuge I think its sensible to be found and seen. Perhaps if a couple were left private. It just seems a bad idea if a Fugee anounces they have piles in 2010 and gets to be PM in 2012, that something private will be on display.

Appeals should be visible because that may pull in more help.

Well, if they use a psuedonym nobody will know who they are.

If anybody can register and read the posts then the information will still be public.