UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Our Little Visitor

ranirottie

please say hello to Betty Boo. She has come to stay for a little while until a new home is found for her. She was ex puppy farm but was rehomed 18 months ago,her owners gave her up because she "weed and pooed all over the house" and because she stayed very timid and aloof.She did not mix with the other dogs and they felt that she was being bullied by one of them.

Saying hi to my lot

Peggyyorkieoct172010003.jpg

kisses from Minki

Peggyyorkieoct172010007.jpg

and sharing a bed with mine (excuse the ripped wallpaper,it is Minki's latest hobby)

Peggyyorkieoct172010011.jpg

she is mixing really well with mine and since she came on sunday she has been let out into the garden regularly and we have had no wees or poos in the house !

Peggyyorkieoct172010016.jpg

She even sits on the rug with mine

Peggyyorkieoct172010021.jpg

NO.....they are not glued down,they just like the rug :laugh: it is warmer on their bums than the laminate and dogs are not allowed on the furniture here (wicked mum I am!!) :rolleyes:

She has started to respond to me,I get a gentle tail wag when I talk to her,she comes when she is called and will let me stroke her head if the other dogs all come for a fuss. We are getting there. x

It is shame when people don't realise that these really traumatised dogs can take years to come round. My first dog took 4 years before he became a "normal" dog and it has taken Chloe nearly 5. Both were and are fabulous but for the first few years you have to work really hard to gain their trust.

I hope Betty Boo finds the right kind of home that will work with her over the next few years. She will reward them with love 200 fold in return

Don't take my comments the wrong way Cher. I know you are FABBBBBBBBBIE with rehabilatating these ex puppy farm dogs. Me I am a beginner who learnt the hard way with difficult start dogs I didn't know I was getting. I love my dogs but tbh I would never knowingly take on another feral dog - they are so difficult.

Awwww, I love your collection of littlies! :wub: :wub:

Silly people didn't understand who they brought home then, when they took on an ex-puppy farm dog - she obviously gets sooo bullied by your lot: bullied into the garden, bullied into bed and bullied onto the rug :wink: So glad that you're there for her, Cher, and once you've worked your magic with her she'll be alll ready and set to go to her new home - if she ever leaves that is .... :D

:laugh: hubby won't let me buy a bigger rug because he knows that I will fill it with dogs :laugh:

She had a bath and face trim this morning as she looked strange with short body hair and very long face hair. My groomer is excellent,she comes to me in her mobile grooming van and she charges me half price for rescues. New haircut (excuse the horror holding her)

Peggyyorkieoct172010024.jpg

and the little girl who hates contact with other dogs,she is cuddled up to Kizzy's bum and was touching noses with Miffi.

allwashedandgroomedoct202010006.jpg

allwashedandgroomedoct202010005.jpg

still totally clean too,altho her ex owner said that she spent 18 months trying to get her clean and didn't succeed. Apparantly she freely did it all over the house!! here she shows clear signs of needing the loo if the door is shut and uses the dog flap if she can (we took the flap off so it is just a hole for her). A perfect little lady x