UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How Do You Get Rid Of Flies?

Mommy Bear

I 've got the doors covered with the old fashioned strips on a rail (not fly strips) outside I've got those fly traps, bags of water with fly bait in, flies enter through the funnel top and can't get out, then drown,(can be got from Ebay) also got those stickers you oput on your windows which kill flies..keeps them down and a couple of swats used regularly

You can get paint on stuff

I 've got the doors covered with the old fashioned strips on a rail (not fly strips) outside I've got those fly traps, bags of water with fly bait in, flies enter through the funnel top and can't get out, then drown,(can be got from Ebay) also got those stickers you oput on your windows which kill flies..keeps them down and a couple of swats used regularly

You can get paint on stuff

Blimey. You're not taking any prisoners :laugh: My DIL has one of those bag thingies. It seems to catch qute a lot but looks disgusting:sick01: Still, if you hang it where you can't see it I suppose that doesn't matter.

Vapona vapona vapona, we've always had problems with flies in this house, I have a tin of Vapona in every room and the feckers get blasted as soon as I hear them, We get bluebottles mostly, I just can't bare for there to be one in the house, hate them with a passion.

I save flies if they are in the paddling pool, but don't like them in the house. Having said that, I saved one from a spider's web the other day.

I prefer the fly swatting method when I have to, at least it's very quick. That's if the dogs don't get to them first. I have one wussy dog that's scared of them (Timmy) so have to kill any that buzz near him.

• 2 weeks later...

We're being assaulted with the tiny feckers this year - I'm a huge fan of the whacking 'em with whatever is to hand method *but* such was my frustration I googled and apparently ther's a bit of an infestation this year. We've used the vinegar trap which is basically a dish, some vinegar (malt or balsamic - the smell attracts) and then fairy liquid or some such as it alters the surface tension and they drown more easily - happy hunting :biggrin:

Been reading this thread with interest as my eldest has developed a fly phobia this year and as soon as she see's one she either runs upstairs/outside to hide or sits trembling from head to toe - bless her.

I read somewhere that if you spray Indorex (the household flea spray) round door & window frames it stops flies coming in - not sure if it works.

Edited by dawnie