UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

It Never Ceases To Amaze Me That........

Whizzie

...some people who you'd generally regard as intelligent are just so clueless about dogs. Do you know anyone like that?

Last week Jester came to work for a morning. He was stressed out by pigeon shooting behind the house, the offices were quiet & I knew that everyone in our area likes dogs, plus I have my own room anyway.

One person, a male in his late twenties who hopes to own a dog one day, came out with all the following daft comments in the space of a few minutes

"He's not going to bite me is he?" - if you know Jester you'd know that he is a completely soft and inoffensive collie cross

"Is he going to the toilet?" - Jester had sat down under his desk, having done a quick sniff around the room, waste bin check etc. As if I'd casually observe him having a pee in the office!

"ooh he didn't just lick you did he?" in horror struck voice

"Does he want a chocolate buscuit" - quick message about chocolate being toxic to some dogs followed

and finally "I fed my Grandad's dog my chicken bones once. My grandad wasn't too pleased"

Let's hope he does a bit more research before becoming a dog owner! :rolleyes:

Shocking!! :ohmy: :ohmy:

I might have brought this one up a few times, but I'm still finding it a classic:

My neighbours aren't the brightest. They've got 2 staffies and a staffy cross, and even though the poor things have got no manners, hardly ever get walked and howl the place down when they're not in (or drunk :wacko: ), they consider themselves to be quite the experts. While having a chat with them about their dogs, the girl of the couple told me that there are 12 types of staffies - huh?? :huh: She went inside and came back with a ... calendar! Yup, 12 different types of staffies, one for every month ... :dry:

I was asked when out with Dex "Is he tame?" :confused:

:biglaugh: Billy and the 12 staffs. I would like an April type staffie please.

Lol Tiks! I got that question asked a few times too - when they were hanging off their leads verbally murdering a squirrel ... :ohmy:

My old dog in Holland, many years ago, was a Friesian Stabyhoun:

staby-new.jpg

When on the bus with him, on our way to the beach, I once got asked: "Is that a pit bull?"

"Yes of course it is, it's a longhaired one!" (as featured under "July" on the pit bull calendar :wink: )

When Louie was still on the go (large long haired white GSD) I was asked many times if he was a wolf and did I have a license to walk him in public, had a round of applause from a large group of Japanese tourists which was highly embarrassing ( I think they may have thought he was an Akita ) the sweetest one was a wee boy who asked if Louie was Santa's dog laugh.gif. I was also told once by a lady who bred Kerry Blues, that dogs have four stomachs !......um I think you'll find that's a cow laugh.gif

So far it seems we have more hilarity over what people say about dogs than anything ........... so I'll continue the trend.

To set the scene you do need to know that I have the deaf breed of dog in this house, so the two questions I am regularly asked are -

Does your dog bark? (Anyone who has ever met my dogs knows the answer to that question! :laugh: )

And, the other one is a slightly sad one I feel - "What is the point of your dog having a name?"