UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Your Help Please

Hollysdad

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although we had over 1800 votes sadly we came 2nd , Mark really thought at midnight we had won by 7 votes but his laptop clock must have been slighty out and the other organstation just pipped us to the post

They are a very worthy winner ( a charity helping woman with drug addications in Nepal ) and I am sure that the money will be an amazing boost to them

thank you to everyone who did vote and cross post we are so very grateful for your help and it must just not have been meant to be for us this time

Sam

I think it was a tough week as a lot of really good causes were all competing and lots more votes where cast this week

i am kicking myself for getting so excited about thinking we had won as the loss of the money has actually hit me rather hard in the last few hours ( even though clearly it was never actually "ours" ) as my mother would say don't count your chickens....

Sorry you didn't get it. I know another rescue were asking people to vote for them as well on another forum.

There are loads of rescues on there looking for votes,it's really caught on and hopefully lots of people reading the entries will now be much more aware that they even exist.Last weeks winner is a volunteer at my local pound,she's worked so hard trying to rehome their dogs in the last couple of years.

A lady who voted via Facebook has kindly started a justgiving page to try and raise us £1000 which is lovely

http://www.justgiving.com/victoria-hayes0

If we can raise the money we are going to buy an Olyplus CX31 microscope , we have a supplier in Sri Lanka all lined up and it will enable us to diagnose so many more conditions than we can now