UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Your Favourite Animal Charity?

IHeartAnimals

As far as domestic animals are concerned, I support Greek Animal Rescue, whose volunteers battle day in day out, trying to rescue the victims of Greece's hideously cruel practices and give them care and safety, and most importantly, the love and respect they deserve. :flowers:

In the UK I support Tower Hill Stables. Fiona, the woman who owns and runs it, is a total inspiration, managing to hold down a job, care for plm 400 animals with very little help and, on top of that, run marathons! And, last but not least, is a VEGAN too!! :flowers:

I also support Sea Shepherd, as they too are a total inspiration to me. As far as I'm concerned they are one of the few high profile organisations who actually put their money where their mouth is, and don't cry wolf in order to fleece people out of money to pay for swanky offices and high exec salaries. On top of that, while they are concerned with the planet's oceans, all meals on board their ships are VEGAN! :biggrin: The obvious reasoning being, that it makes no sense to protect whales from a horrfic death, while contributing to farm animals' horrific death, as well as contributing to environmental pollution. Love these guys! :flowers:

not sure about sea shepherd, i totally agree with what the founder set out to do, and I agree with the direct action. but have you seen the tv documentary? aside from their leader they don't seem all that organised or capable.Trouble seems to be too many people going for their year out style project and since you have to pay to get on the crew it's only available to a select few who aren't necessarily the most commited or experienced for the job.

don't get me wrong i do like them,i just think they could use what they have a lot better.credit to em for putting their necks on the line tho.

i support wspa but i wish they'd stop sending me so much stuff in the mail, i give em my money for the animals not for a magazine or postcards.

I also support Sea Shepherd, as they too are a total inspiration to me. As far as I'm concerned they are one of the few high profile organisations who actually put their money where their mouth is, and don't cry wolf in order to fleece people out of money to pay for swanky offices and high exec salaries. On top of that, while they are concerned with the planet's oceans, all meals on board their ships are VEGAN! :biggrin: The obvious reasoning being, that it makes no sense to protect whales from a horrfic death, while contributing to farm animals' horrific death, as well as contributing to environmental pollution. Love these guys! :flowers:

Did you see the documentaries about the Sea Shepherd on cable ? fantastic, they certainly don't muck about and it gave me pause for thought about Green Peace, anyone can volunteer to work on the Sea Shepherd, looked like very hard emotional work but what an experience.

My own favourites are Border Animal Welfare who I do some home checks for, incredibly dedicated to their various animals and run on a shoe string. As for the biggies, then it's WISPA that gets my money.

My own favourites are Border Animal Welfare, incredibly dedicated to their various animals and run on a shoe string.

me too :biggrin: :biggrin: they do fantastic work! i also support HWAR as and when i can.... they helped my boy and so i help them finacially when i can (which is not as often as i would like or as much as i would like)

Did you see the documentaries about the Sea Shepherd on cable ? fantastic, they certainly don't muck about and it gave me pause for thought about Green Peace, anyone can volunteer to work on the Sea Shepherd, looked like very hard emotional work but what an experience.

My own favourites are Border Animal Welfare who I do some home checks for, incredibly dedicated to their various animals and run on a shoe string. As for the biggies, then it's WISPA that gets my money.

must have changed then, my oh went to the states for an interview about something else a few years ago and they were asking a lot of cash per volunteer then.

In the UK I have Merseyside Retired Greyhound Trust in my kennels so its my local choice :laugh:

Far and away, my obvious choice is Dogstar although when I am in egypt I like to visit ACE (animal Care in Egypt) who are a small charity working to educate people on how to care for their working animals.

Well, apart from the OC of course and fostering dogs for whoever seems to need it most, I make coats for GIN and the Spanish galgos and volunteer at my local RGT kennels. Wouldn't say I have a favourite as there are many I would like to support if I wasn't on a pension or could win the lottery!

must have changed then, my oh went to the states for an interview about something else a few years ago and they were asking a lot of cash per volunteer then.

You could be right, I didn't see any mention of money, but it could well be the case.