UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Snugglesafe Or Other Heat Pads

Sarah B

I am looking for a heat pad for HRH to help with his bad hip. I don;t like tye idea of having one that plugs into the wall. I've only found the Snugglesafe, which is a microwaveable pad, however don't know how big this is. Has anyone used one of these or anything similar?

we had one for our cat, i guess the best way to describe the size is about the size of a side plate(slightly larger) , it certainly isn't a huge thing and is probably about an inch thick, we switched to a heat mat (the sort that vets use) as the cat has to sleep in the cold kitchen (and although i know he would probably be fine i worry), we used the snugglesafe for a few years and the cat did seem happy with it :flowers:

I would be worried about putting an electric one in a crate though and leaving it on - do they have a safety cutout? I'm assuming they don't get as hot as human heat blankets get...

Most do have a cut out but you'd have to check the individual product, the one I have has a very low heat, you only really feel it if your hand is on the pad for a while, certainly no where near the heat of a human electric blanket, I put vet bed over mine, so the heat is even more diffused, are you worried about using it in a crate and it getting too hot for your dog ? if so most pads are quite small so could easily be avoided.

I have a couple of Snugglesafes for the rabbits if they are poorly. We thought Lily would appreciate the warmth too when she was getting very old and arthritic, but she hated them. If you know the story about the princess and the pea, it was like that - if there was something lumpy on, in or under her bed she wouldn't use it :laugh:

I am looking for a heat pad for HRH to help with his bad hip.

Do you know that he likes warmth on his hip?

My arthritic bitch always chose to lie on a cool, hard floor. She was worse on hot days than cold days.

A friend's retriever , that had very bad HD, was the same.