UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Skin

Pingu

I have added a new skin to the forum that eventually will become the default one

if you go to the bottom left hand corner of the site you will see a drop down box

if you click that you will see at the bottom something called "the refuge". I am still working on it atm (esp the logo) but the way this skin is designed will alow me to easily do variations for the oldies club and dnb etc

let me know what you think so far so i can incorporate the feedback into the changes

the idea is to freshen things up a bit

Only down side I can see so far is navigating back to the forum from the thread you are in. Previously, you just clicked on the 'string' above the thread you were in. Unless I am missing something, now you have to go to the bottom of the page, select the forum you want to go to again and click 'go'?

ie. The Refuge> General> Chats> Non Animal Chat

Edited by safneo

the navi is now at the very top of the page

i am working on a very nice skin that makes the refuge look nothing like a forum but more like a normal website.

this skin is aimed mainly at those in work who may want things to lok a bit less like a forum

The only thing I'd say is that the grey test makes it more difficult to read wacko.gif

Apart from that I like it, but why does every skin have to be blue? It's my least favourite colour tongue.gif

Signed : Whingy and tired and not lookingforward to a weekend at college Merle.

Edited by merledogs

The only thing I'd say is that the grey test makes it more difficult to read wacko.gif

Apart from that I like it, but why does every skin have to be blue? It's my least favourite colour tongue.gif

Signed : Whingy and tired and not lookingforward to a weekend at college Merle.

red and green versions will be available too. i am using the blue one as a template as its the most complete one

Only down side I can see so far is navigating back to the forum from the thread you are in. Previously, you just clicked on the 'string' above the thread you were in. Unless I am missing something, now you have to go to the bottom of the page, select the forum you want to go to again and click 'go'?

ie. The Refuge> General> Chats> Non Animal Chat

I think he was hiding it from us you know - as I didn't see it up there either wink.gif.

Seriously though, although to be honest I'm generally more interested in the speed, "how / whether the forums works properly" (particularly when using an old browser) etc than how it looks I do quite like blue and this one's look. cool.gif

Edited by Ian